Posted by Editor on 07/25/98
Whistler Classic Report
Lorraine Hebert has reported in at the halfway mark in the cross-country races at the Whistler International Classic. In the menÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s 4 lap race, as the riders begin their 3rd lap Duane Kress (Klein) has a 50 second lead over a 4 man chase group, consisting of Adam Walker (Gary Fisher/Rip n Hammer) - who led for the first lap - Ruedi Schnyder (Deep Cove), Adam Larson and Mike Pruner (both Gary Fisher). Just after the start-finish, Walker has launched an attack on the climb.
Melanie McQuaid (Rocky Mountain) has been leading the womenÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s 3 lap race from the gun, and as the riders start their last lap, she has a 1:30 advantage over Linda Robichaud (Gary Fisher).
We expect to receive a final report in about 40 minutes.
Norba National Downhill - Park City, Utah
1. Brian Lopes (USA), Mongoose, 1.7 mi in 5:02.34
2. Jurgen Beneke (Ger), Schwinn-Toyota RAV4, 5:03.71
3. Scott Sharples (Aus), Trek-Volkswagen, 5:05.04
4. Shaums March (USA), Ellsworth-ZZYZX, 5:08.66
5. Kirt Voreis (USA), Mt. Dew-Specialized, 5:10.16
1. Leigh Donovan (USA), Mongoose 5:49.99
2. Cheri Elliott (USA), Intense-Maxxis 5:54.71
3. Kim Sonier (USA), Volvo-Cannondale 5:55.71
4. Elke Brutsaert (USA), Schwinn-Toyota RAV4 5:57.01
5. Sari Jorgenson (Sui), Yeti 6:02.65
6. Daamiann Skelton (Can), Rocky Mountain 6:06.61
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|