Posted by Editoress on 04/27/05
CCA Job Opening
Application Deadline: May 9, 2005
Starting Date: June 6, 2005
Position: Director, Finance & Administration
Job Description: Director, Finance & Administration
Position Description: The Canadian Cycling Association, the national governing body for the sport of cycling in Canada, is seeking a full-time Director, Finance & Administration to manage the financial and administrative affairs of the organization. The CCA is looking for a team player with strong financial management, budgeting and organizational skills. This position requires the ability to prepare, analyze and review estimates of revenue, reimbursement, expenditures and changes in financial position; an ability to maintain accounts and records for central fiscal control and an ability to oversee the fiscal administration of special grants, funds and employee benefit programs.
The successful candidate will have:
* An undergraduate degree in accounting or an acceptable combination of knowledge and experience in a related field; a certified professional designation (i.e., CGA or CMA) and experience managing people are distinct advantages
* An ability to implement internal controls and proven experience working with senior management in budget preparation and evaluation is required
* Experience maintaining ledgers; reviewing and analyzing accounts, funds, records, financial statements and fiscal procedures
* Experience reconciling bank accounts and financial reports, and in processing payment requests for cheques, purchase orders and travel expenses
* An ability to audit invoices and other financial documents to ensure completeness and correct use of account and code numbers
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* An ability to speak both of Canada's official languages is a strong asset.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Operating Officer. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, along with salary expectations, to the address below by May 9, 2005. The CCA wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. "This position is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada."
Canadian Cycling Association
c/o Chief Operating Officer
2197. Riverside Drive, Suite 702
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 7S3
Fax: (613) 248-9311
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|