August 14/98 9:39 am - Tour FÃ©minin, Mountain Bike Nationals
Posted by Editor on 08/14/98
Tour FÃ©minin, France
Stage 3b - Santa Maria di Campan to Arrens Marsous, 64 km
1. Edita Pucinskaite (Ltu) Accadue O 2:00:06
2. Fabiana Luperini (Ita) at 0:11
3. Alessandra Cappellotto (Ita)
4. Barbara Heeb (Sui)
5. Monica Bandini (Ita) all st
1. Edita Pucinskaite (Ltu) 11:57:14
2. Fabiana Luperini (Ita) at 0:38
3. Valentina Polkanova (Rus) 0:59
4. Monica Bandini (Ita) 1:19
5. Alessandra Cappellotto (Ita) 1:29
We continue to correct and update the Canada Cup standings, based on reader feedback. Both Cross-country and Downhill are available.
News From the Nationals
Representatives of the riders who boycotted the Downhill event at Canada Cup #5 (Rocky Mountain House, Alberta) had a meeting with the CCAâ€šs representatives last night, and presented a list of demands. Among the demands:
In other Nationals news:
- STAT Timing to do the timing at all Canada Cups (STAT is a QuÃ©bec-based timing company that is doing the timing for the Nationals this year - very good quality work). The riders also want the CCA to provide money to the race organizers to pay for the cost of having STAT.
- Mandatory chairlifts at all Canada Cups.
- Better CCA supervision at all Canada Cups (ie, a CCA representative at all the races)
- Improved prizelists.
On a more optimistic note: the weather is good, the fire risk is down and there have been no complaints about the quality of the courses...
- Chief official Fred Seeman had a car accident on his way to the airport and broke his arm. He has been replaced by Trevor Shipley.
- The Nationals has only 230 pre-registered riders (definitely a low turnout) - partially remoteness of location and partially the fact that registration forms did not apparently get to either the riders or the provincial associations in time. It is too bad that what should be one of the largest Nationals (with the Worldâ€šs in Canada) is looking to be marred by low turnout and dissension.