August 14/98 10:56 am - Mountain Bike Nationals Dual Slalom Results
Posted by Editor on 08/14/98
Mountain Bike Nationals
Our reporter Greg Flaaten has checked in with Dual Slalom results (they just ended 30 minutes ago). He says the racing was very fast and exciting.
(note: only these categories were run)
Senior Pro-Elite Men
1. Mike Hirst (ON) Rocky Mountain Bicycles
2. Ted Gilliat
3. Tony Nordee (B.C.) OGC/K2 Bikes
4. Jeff Ingram (AB)
Senior Pro-Elite Women
1. Tera Meade (B.C.) Grinders/Full Bore
2. Lorraine Blancher (B.C.) GT Canada
3. Aleisha Cline (B.C.) Java Cycle/Creative
4. Chantal Boulianne (QC)
1. Tim Coleman (B.C.) Deep Cove
2. Vincent Roy (QC)
3. Craig Short (AB)
4. Gessie Roberts
At the downhiller/CCA meeting Curt Harnett spoke as the Athletes Rep, and Pat Healey and Lisa Davey on behalf of the CCA. All expressed a willingness to work towards dealing with the ridersâ€š concerns. Some of the interesting things that came out of the meeting:
- a (downhill) race will be held tomorrow morning at 11:00 am local time. The CCA could not promise that it would be a makeup for the boycotted Rocky Mountain House Canada Cup (last weekend) - that will be discussed by the Development Committee next week.
- Ronnie Drouin (QuÃ©bec-based Veteran rider for Balfa) was nominated for the position of Mountain Bike athlete rep at the CCA (the position is voted on and filled at the Worldâ€šs in September).
- There are currently two bids being considered for the Nationals next year - Rocky Mountain House and Canmore (both Alberta). Interestingly, neither have a chairlift for the downhill...