Posted by Editoress on 07/23/05
NORBA # 5 Snowmass Resort, Colorado
Chris Sheppard (Haro adidas) sent us a brief report of today's race
Today we attacked a massive climb three times totalling over 6000 ft of climbing. Start finish was at 8500 ft. Plenty of single-track. A massive lightening and rain storm delayed the start of the four cross `til tomorrow.
I had a major mechanical on a high speed double track descent at about 60km hr. Somehow I rode out of a high side and thus averted death. Finished off the life changing experience laying a hundred foot skid into a ditch.
Short track tomorrow, hope the legs are there.
1. Geoff Kabush (Can) Maxxis
2. Kashi Leuchs (NZl) Bianchi
3. Ryan Trebon (USA) Kona-Les Gets
4. Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (USA) Subaru-Gary Fisher
5. Liam Killeen (Aus) Specialized
6. Sam Schultz (USA)
7. Roland Green (Can) Kona Les Gets
8. Adam Craig (USA) Giant
9. Jeremy Bishop
10. Seamus McGrath (Can) Haro adidas
14. Matt Toulouse (Can) Maxxis
(DNF) Chris Sheppard w. major mechanical
1. Shonny Vandlandingham (USA) Luna
2. Dara Marks-Marino (USA) Ford
3. Alison Dunlap (USA) Luna
4. Willow Koerber (USA)
5. Sue Haywood (USA) Trek-VW
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|