Posted by Editor on 12/22/05
Burnaby Velodrome Race Series #2
Courtesy Gord Ross
For those cyclists that missed out on the recent Six Days of Burnaby, you've got a great way to ring in the New Year with the first race event of 2006.
With a great mix of Mass Start and Sprint events and races for Elite, Intermediate, and Beginner categories, this event is a perfect way to work off that Christmas turkey and New Year's hangover...
Registration is now online at Karelo.com .
The race schedule will be finalized in the next day or two. Highlights include scratch, points, miss-n-out-to-scratch, chariots, sprints, and keirins.
Cheers and Merry Christmas from the Burnaby Velodrome.
BC Regional Innovation Chair In Sport Technology
Job Description: Our client, Camosun College, invites applications from leaders in the areas of sport technology, innovation and product design. This new, endowed Chair at Camosun College is being created through a partnership between Camosun College and PacificSport Victoria, in collaboration with the BC Leading Edge Endowment Fund (LEEF) Regional Innovation Chair. The Chair in Sport Technology will also be responsible for playing a leadership role in the development and management of the operations of the Sport Innovation Centre (SPIN). We invite applicants from those who possess:
* Demonstrated expertise across multiple sport technology areas of study and/or application, of which may include: Sport Science, Engineering, Electronics, Information Technology, Product Development & Design, Manufacturing, Innovation & Commercialization.
* Extensive and demonstrated background in utilizing and/or developing technology to enhance sport performance.
* Exceptional leadership and management experience.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships for the purpose of business, community and research partnerships. Submissions should include the following.
* Curriculum vitae that outlines leadership, innovation, research and professional experience and expertise.
* Brief written submission on how you would best advance Camosun's new venture in the area of sport technology research and innovation. (Submissions will become the property of the college and will not be returned)
* Two references will be required.
* PhD Preferred The final candidate will be required to submit an acceptable grant proposal, for evaluation by the selection committee.
This opportunity will be subject to approval by the LEEF Review Committee. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Salary Range: $90,000
Type of Position:
Full Time - Employee
203-612 View Street
Victoria , BC, Canada
Sugoi Partners with Symmetrics Cycling as 2006 Apparel Sponsor
Courtesy Symmetrics Cycling
Symmetrics Cycling is proud to announce that Sugoi Performance Apparel (www.sugoi.com) will partner with Symmetrics for 2006 as the team's Technical Apparel Sponsor.
The Vancouver, Canada based company which specializes in running, cycling and triathlon performance apparel is also well recognized for its Custom Team capabilities. Symmetrics Cycling Director Jeremy Storie commented "Sugoi fits right in line with our team. They are a BC based company dedicated to high performance and they are always searching for the next best innovation and their customer service is second to none. Our new clothing for 2006 was designed by the Sugoi designers and I think they did a great job in representing our sponsor's brands in the most effective way."
Returning product sponsors joining Sugoi are Shimano, Ritchey, Norco, Rudy Project for eyewear, race and time trial helmets, Powerbar for race and training nutrition, Axiom for bike accessories and saddles, Panaracer for clincher and tubular tires and tubulars, Minoura for rollers and trainers, Altolab for altitude simulator breathing devices.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|