Posted by Editor on 01/6/06
BIKE Transalp Challenge
Online registration: High Noon on January 10th, 2006!
From the 15th till 22nd of July 2006, the BIKE Transalp Challenge, toughest and best known MTB long distance race in the world will be held for its 9th consecutive time.
Many of the best, many of those seeking adventure and many more very courageous riders will come to challenge the alps on an easterly route in men, women, masters and mixed categories to eventually become a finisher of this race! 700 kilometres and 22.000 meters of altitude may be considered as a real challenge.
What's new at the Transalp?
* Prize money has been raised up to 30,000 Euro, daily awards will keep the tension high on all stages.
* Male or female riders among Top 10 or Top 5 in UCI World Rankings for XC have starting guarantees in the race.
* All finisher will receive the official BIKE Transalp ChallengeÃ‹â€ FinisherÃ‹â€ jersey.
* Füssen in Bavaria/Germany will host the start for the first time ever, Limone sul Garda located on and above the shores of Lake Garda will be proud host of the final stage.
* Registration process has been modified. The 350 fastest teams on the internet, followed by those with more than one appearance in previous Transalps and finally those being lucky in a draw, will get the unique opportunity to compete in 2006.
"Füssen and Limone are beautiful sites and partners. Passing the world famous King's castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau at the start, and crossing the finish directly on the beach of Lake Garda in Limone will belong to the most memorable impacts of one's mtb-life", says Uli Stanciu, race director and "father" of the BIKE Transalp.
The stage hosts for 2006 will be Imst (Tyrol), Ischgl (Tyrol), Scuol (Engadine), Livigno (Lombardia), Naturns (Alta Badia), Val di Sole/Malè (Trentino) and Madonna di Campiglio (Trentino).
Find all information concerning online registration and the race itself on Tuesday, January 10th on www.transalpchallenge.com
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|