Posted by Editor on 04/27/17
Cycling Canada has a coaching position opening with the national track program for an Assistant Sprint Coach. The details are below:
Assistant Sprint Coach
The Assistant Sprint Coach will work under the leadership of the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach and the Head Sprint Coach to implement the technical direction that will lead to the building of a robust world-class Track program.
With support of the Track Integrated Support Team (IST) the Assistant Sprint Coach will endeavour to establish an optimal centralized daily training environment through the creation and implementation of world class training programs and training sessions for identified Junior Development Sprint athletes.
The Assistant Sprint Coach will work closely with the Head Sprint Coach to supervise training for Olympic Performance Pool sprint athletes. The Assistant Sprint Coach will work closely with the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach the Head Sprint Coach to establish high performance programs that lead to international medal performances and, with the help of the Pathway Development Manager, build talent identification and development strategies to increase the mass of international caliber athletes coming into the Track Sprint fold.
This position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, Ontario.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• supervise Olympic Performance Pool training sessions developed by the head Sprint Coach and Strength and Conditioning trainer
• develop, implement, monitor and analyze Development Performance Pool athlete programs
• develop and lead sprint Development Performance Pool athletes in training camps and targeted competitions
• assist the Integrated Support Team in the monitoring of Development Performance Pool athletes
• lead talent ID initiatives and follow-up assessment camps
• contribute to the development of both the Track Gold Medal Profile and Podium Pathway
• actively seek out talent through communication with stakeholders and talent ID initiatives
• actively plan and monitor National Development Sprint program budget
• develop, implement, monitor and analyze Ontario Cycling Association targeted sprint athlete program
• develop and lead Ontario Cycling Association targeted sprint athlete training sessions
Knowledge and Skills
Cycling Canada is looking for a coach that has worked effectively in a national or similar high level structure or program, has had success coaching at the international level and has superior interpersonal and motivational skills. The successful candidate will need to be certified at the Competition Development or Competition Development Advanced level of the National Coaching Certification Program or eligible for equivalency based on past experience.
The following skills are essential:
• evidence of coaching certification
• experience in the application of sports science, sports medicine and technology to improve performance
• evidence of professional development activities that contribute to the coach's ability to lead a successful program
• evidence of development and implementation of periodized training and competition programs
• the ability to work with new technologies to communicate with athletes and coaches within the system
• the ability to create clear and concise activity and budget reports
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
In addition, the following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to communicate in both official languages
• Experience in the Canadian sport system
Salary & Benefits
This position would be a one (1) year contractual position with the possibility to reach employment status after first year of activities and following performance review. The position is also subject to six-month probation; at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Contractual remuneration for the position is in the range of $50,000 to $65,000 dependent on qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: June 12, 2017
Application Deadline: Persons interested should send an expression of interest cover letter and resume for this position to email@example.com by May 12, 2017.
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada promotes Employment Equity. Any special needs will be accommodated for those invited for an interview.
THIS POSITION IS FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED BY SPORT CANADA.
Download Job Posting:
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|