Posted by Editor on 04/27/17
Cycling Canada has a coaching position opening with the national track program for an Women's Track Endurance NextGen Coach. The details are below:
Women's Track Endurance NextGen Coach
The Women's Track Endurance NextGen Coach will work under the leadership of the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach and the Women's Track Endurance Head Coach to implement the technical direction that will lead to the building of a robust world-class Track program.
With support of the Track Integrated Support Team (IST) the Women's Track Endurance NextGen Coach will endeavour to establish an optimal centralized daily training environment through the creation and implementation of world class training programs and training sessions for identified Women Track Endurance NextGen Development Performance Pool athletes.
The Women's Track Endurance NextGen Coach will work closely with the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach and the Women's Track Endurance Head Coach to establish high performance programs that lead to international medal performances and, with the help of the Pathway Development Manager, build talent identification and development strategies to increase the mass of international caliber athletes coming into the Track Endurance fold.
This position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, Ontario.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• under the leadership of the Women's Track Endurance Head Coach, and in collaboration with the IST, lead and supervise Olympic Performance Pool track and road training sessions.
• ensure optimal centralized daily training environment for all identified NextGen Development Performance Pool Women Track Endurance athletes.
• ensure the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of NextGen Development Performance Pool athlete training and preparation for competition.
• lead the process by which optimal training and competition conditions are delivered to the NextGen Development Performance Pool athletes • develop, implement, monitor and analyze Development Performance Pool athlete programs
• assist the Track Physiologist and the Pathway Development Manager in the development and monitoring of training and competition modeling.
• assist the Integrated Support Team in the monitoring of Development Performance Pool athletes
• assist the Women's Track Endurance Head Coach and the Pathway Development Manager in the process of identifying and developing NextGen targeted athletes
• contribute to the development of both the Track Gold Medal Profile and Podium Pathway
• lead talent ID initiatives and follow-up assessment camps
• actively seek out talent through communication with stakeholders and talent ID initiatives
• actively plan and monitor National Women's Track Endurance NextGen program budget
• provide counsel to the SSM Manager's role of assessing the Women's Track Endurance NextGen athlete program IST needs
Knowledge and Skills
Cycling Canada is looking for a coach that has worked effectively in a national or similar high level structure or program, has had success coaching at the international level and has superior interpersonal and motivational skills. The successful candidate will need to be certified at the Competition Development or Competition Development Advanced level of the National Coaching Certification Program or eligible for equivalency based on past experience.
The following skills are essential:
• evidence of coaching certification
• experience in the application of sports science, sports medicine and technology to improve performance
• evidence of professional development activities that contribute to the coach's ability to lead a successful program
• evidence of development and implementation of periodized training and competition programs
• the ability to work with new technologies to communicate with athletes and coaches within the system
• the ability to create clear and concise activity and budget reports
• Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
In addition, the following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to communicate in both official languages • Experience in the Canadian sport system
Salary & Benefits
This position would be a one (1) year contractual position with the possibility to reach employment status after first year of activities, and following performance review. The position is also subject to six-month probation; at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Contractual remuneration for the position is in the range of $60,000 to $75,000, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: June 12, 2017
Application Deadline: Persons interested should send an expression of interest cover letter and resume for this position to email@example.com by May 12, 2017.
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada promotes Employment Equity. Any special needs will be accommodated for those invited for an interview.
THIS POSITION IS FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED BY SPORT CANADA
Download Job Description:
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|