Posted by Editor on 01/2/18
The Ontario Cycling Association [OCA] is seeking a full-time Provincial Coach with experience in one or more of the following: Track Cycling [sprint or endurance], Para-Cycling, Road Cycling. This is a new position and will be structured to align with the strengths of the coach and needs of the organization.
This position is a minimum 3-year contract funded through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, and Sport’s Quest for Gold Enhanced Coaching Program administered by the Coaching Association of Ontario.
Reporting to the High Performance Manager, the Provincial Coach will be responsible for implementing and delivering a provincial athlete development system with a focus on transitioning athletes into Cycling Canada programs. The position will work collaboratively with other full and part-time OCA coaches, club coaches, and national coaches to ensure the alignment of programming.
• NCCP Introduction to Competition Certified or demonstrated commitment to obtaining certification (preferred)
• Experience as an athlete/coach/support in cycling training camps and competitions (required)
• Strong understanding of Long Term Athlete Development (required)
• Knowledge of para-cycling and classifications (preferred)
• Strong communication skills (required)
• Strong organizational skills and planning ability (required)
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (required)
• Work within, contribute to, and deliver on the 2016-2020 High Performance Management Plans
• Act as a resource for LTAD and athlete development best practices as it relates to track, road, and para-cycling.
• Assist in building a para-cycling infrastructure in Ontario
• Deliver high level coach services to identified athletes through OCA led camps, projects, and other scheduled initiatives
• Monitor identified athletes as approved by the High Performance Manager ensuring on-going communication with athlete personal coaches and sport science/sport medicine staff
• Co-ordinate on-track training schedules among key OCA training groups [Sprint/Endurance/Para]
• Conduct gap-analysis on identified athletes and implement strategic and efficient resources to address athlete needs (SS/SM/technical coaching/etc.)
• Develop detailed internal reports for use in on-going athlete evaluation and external reports for athlete/coach in identifying strengths and areas of improvement
• Develop and maintain a database of relevant athlete testing results and performances to allow for objective tracking of athlete development
• Assist in recruiting para-athletes into cycling and developing growth strategies
Administration and Planning
• Responsible for all planning, budgeting, delivery, and reporting of assigned OCA projects, ensuring all projects adhere to OCA policies and procedures.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• Arrange all project logistics (accommodations, travel, etc.)
• Develop selection criteria and related documents for Team Ontario
• Develop detailed camp training plans
• Develop detailed project technical guides and athlete applications
• Deliver athlete and parent project information sessions or webinars when appropriate
• Submit final project reports and final project financial statements within assigned timelines as approved by HP Manager
• Provide monthly or quarterly work plan as requested
• Assist with the development of presentations and reports as requested
• Attend meetings on behalf of the organization as requested
• Assist the OCA in the delivery of daily operations when required
• Other duties as assigned
This job requires evening and weekend work as well as travel nationally/internationally at key points in competition season.
A criminal record check will be required prior to confirmation of hiring.
Compensation: Salary (TBD based education and experience) and Health/Dental Benefits
Application: Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in-confidence to email@example.com by 11:59pm January 14th, 2018.
Questions: All questions can be directed to Michael Suraci at 416-855-1717.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|