Posted by Editor on 02/16/18
Cycling Canada is seeking a candidate for the position of Para-cycling Program Manager who possesses vision, energy and significant experience in sports administration.
Cycling Canada is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Bike, Para‐Cycling, Road and Track.
In collaboration with the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach and the High Performance Director, the Para-cycling Program Manager will assist in the management and delivery of Para-cycling National Team programs, as well as supporting the program as team manager in selected projects, campaigns and major Games.
The Para-cycling Program Manager works closely with the Chief Technical Officer- Head Coach and High Performance Director to ensure that the Para-cycling National Team programs and operations are planned, budgeted, communicated and delivered optimally.
In order to achieve Para-cycling Program deliverables, the Manager will work alongside the Performance Services Lead, the Pathway Development Manager, the Innovations Manager and Performance Development Director.
Among other roles and responsibilities outlined in this position's job description, the Para-Cycling Program Manager will:
• Act as Team Leader in all Para-cycling multi-Sport Games, or wherever tasked by the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach or the High Performance Director;
• Working in tandem with the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach, ensure optimal liaison with the Canadian Paralympic Committee;
• Assist the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach and national coaches, on an annual basis, in ensuring that the development of the Para-cycling National Team program is aligned to both the high performance strategic plan and with Cycling Canada's overall strategic plan;
• In collaboration with the National Coaches and the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach, lead the establishment of performance measures and targets for Para-cycling National Team programs;
• Assist in the development of the yearly National Team budgets in collaboration with the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach, High Performance Director, CEO and CFO;
• Overseen by the HPD, lead the ongoing oversight of the Para-cycling National Team program budget expenditure monitoring;
• Assist the CTO-Head Coach in the evaluation of National Team programs against the strategic and operational plans and the implementation of adaptations to these programs brought on through results of detailed gap analysis;
• Led by the High Performance Director, assist in the development of Para-Cycling National Team program selection policies and Sport Canada AAP carding criteria in consultation with Cycling Canada's High Performance Committee (HPC) and Sport Advisory Groups;
• Led by the HPD, assist in the development and implementation of Para-cycling National Team policies and agreements and ensure alignment with all able programs;
• Led by the High Performance Director, assist with the Para-cycling National Team equipment and clothing procurement, and ensure detailed inventory tracking;
• Overseen by the Business Development Director, ensure optimal National Team program information content on Cycling Canada's website, Facebook and Twitter accounts;
• Support the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach and the High Performance Director in their roles where requested;
• Assist the Pathway Development Manager in developing an aligned Para-cycling program from the Provincial and Territorial level to the Paralympic level via the NextGen programs;
• In collaboration with the Performance Services Lead, assist in the development, monitoring and maintenance of the National Team athlete, technical coaching and IST staff database;
• In collaboration with the Chief Technical Officer - Head Coach, Performance Development Director and Pathway Development Manager, develop and manage national training center and CSC/CSI alignment, and liaison with provincial programs;
Successful candidates will have:
• Administration experience
• Basic knowledge of accounting
Coaching experience and capacity to communicate in written and spoken French are considered assets.
Remuneration: Dependent on skill level and experience the salary range is from $60,000 to $80,000 CAD.
Place of Employment: Depending on the candidate, the position will either be based at Cycling Canada headquarters in Ottawa, Ontario or at Cycling Canada's High Performance hub in Milton, Ontario.
Application Deadline: Mar. 2, 2018
Position Start Date: Apr. 2, 2018
All applications will be confidential.
Written applications should be sent by March 2nd, 2018 to:
Cycling Canada Cyclisme
203‐2197 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X3
Attention: High Performance Director
Electronic applications should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading "Para-cycling Program Manager".
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit references and a criminal background check dated less than six months prior to application deadline.
For more information please visit www.cyclingcanada.ca.
We thank all those who apply. All applications will be confidential. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Canadian Cycling Association promotes Employment Equity. Any special needs will be accommodated for those invited to an interview. This position is financially supported by Sport Canada and Podium Canada
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|