Posted by Editor on 07/23/19
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for the delivery and support of the cycling sports identified in the Ontario Cycling events strategy. The responsibilities will include development of the annual event calendar, direct event support, logistics, monitoring and reporting of sanctioned events and activities of the association. The Events Coordinator is responsible to ensure that events are run with in the sanction and rules parameters of our sport.
The position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Center Velodrome in Milton, Ontario.
The Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) is the recognized authority by Cycling Canada on all aspects of cycling in Ontario including Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road, Track, Cyclo-Cross, and BMX. All staff is employed by the OCA to facilitate achievement of its long term vision and planned annual targets. All personnel are required to operate within the policies and procedures as established by the associations volunteer Board of Directors and are expected to act consistently with the association's values.
The OCA receives financial contributions from the provincial government and other agencies, organizations and corporate sponsors, and is accountable for the disbursement and reporting of funds according to the contracted terms and conditions. Programs, activities and services are operated within the limitations established in an annual operating budget approved by the Board of Directors. OCA staff is responsible to manage and administer the association's finances and provide administrative support for all association activity.
• Work within the OCA’s strategic plan and Events Strategy
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends/evenings during event seasons
• Work within provided budgets
Event Delivery Responsibilities
• Work within event specific critical paths and task lists.
• Execute a comprehensive calendar of events with a focus on the Ontario Cup series, Youth Development Series, and Provincial Championships across all four (4) disciplines.
• Represent the OCA at events including but not limited to Youth, Road, MTB, Cyclo- Cross, and Track; ensuring delivery complies with OCA Guidelines and Policies.
• Communicate with event organizers to ensure they are in compliance with all OCA requirements of the sanction for which they have applied.
• Coordinate and manage the Ontario Cycling event sanction process, including event bid packages and hosting agreements for all levels of events.
• Manage the Ontario Summer Games portfolio; coordinating Road and MTB events.
• Assist the Membership Manager in coordinating the annual Cycling Celebration.
• Manage the Officials Committee to ensure deliverables are met as per the operational plan.
Marketing and Communications Responsibilities
• Act as the primary point of contact within the organization for website and social media content and coordination.
• Design and implement a social media strategy to align with key OCA deadlines and operational goals including but not limited to event registration deadlines and events updates/changes.
• Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content for website updates, news postings, and social media outlets.
• Develop and implement marketing strategies that position the association effectively with its members and corporate and funding partners.
• Implement new features to develop brand awareness, promotions, and increase the reach of the organization.
• Respond to online queries in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
• Post-secondary education in sport/recreation managements, event hosting or applicable related experience
• Knowledge/experience of Provincial Sport Organizations considered an asset
• A self-starter who can identify and follow through on content - from conception to execution.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and Adobe Creative Suites
• Strong communication skills [written/oral]
• Ability to multi-task and work across multiple departments
• Well organized with strong attention to detail
• 1-2 years of event hosting experience [sport setting preferred]
• Experience using social media outlets and an ability to develop creative engaging content.
• Experience using website software including WordPress
• Experience working with AdRotate Pro an asset
• Demonstrated ability managing project-based budgets
• Previous experience in cycling an asset but not required
Location: Milton, Ontario
Address: 2015 Pan Am Blvd, Milton, ON L9E0K7
Contact Phone: (416) 855-1717
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|