Posted by Editor on 03/19/21
Interested in being a part of a growing company with a proactive and eco-conscious approach to making sports more affordable? Look no further - this is what we're all about.
At Cycling Avenue, we're on a mission to transform the way customers shop and sell pre-loved goods. Leveraging our online trade-in platform and our expansive knowledge of all things biking, we're proud to be continuously giving used cycling gear a new life. We turn one person's used bike into another's dream upgrade.
With established brands such as Cycling Avenue, Golf Avenue and Golfbidder, we're part of a group that thrives to be the largest online resource for refurbished and second-hand products across the globe. Circular economy is the value we're built upon: we make it convenient for customers to sell us their gear, we expertly extend the product's life, and we finally re-sell the gear over our online platforms.
Join us and let's give second-hand a whole new lease on life!
Our sources of supply number in thousands: suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and individuals. To continue our strong growth, we plan to develop alliances with bike retailers and offer Cycling Avenue services in Ontario. To build and nurture strong relationships with potential partners is critical to optimize future opportunities. The purchasing representative, bike retailers plays a key role in the development of a retail network for Cycling Avenue.
The candidate will report to Cycling Avenue's General Manager. This position was newly created, so we are looking for someone with demonstrated initiative and autonomy, as well as strong interpersonal skills to build sustainable business relationships and provide a stellar experience to our retailers.
• Work out a strategic model to achieve trade-in results;
• Manage sourcing opportunities with bike retailers;
• Encourage trade-ins with traditional and non-traditional retailers (service shops);
• Develop a local customer base to foster new business opportunities;
• Optimize trade-ins with current accounts;
• Plan and manage local growth with available tools (promotions, trade-in events, contests, etc.);
• Take part in monthly team meetings and provide input in regard to sales strategies, product development and promotional tools;
• Create, plan and execute local itineraries, and coordinate store pick-ups;
• Validate, negotiate and manage trade-ins, returns, pricing modifications in our internal system (The Cycling Book);
• Validate retailer purchase orders on a weekly basis;
• Assist with inventory and data management in TCB.
A retail and cycling enthusiast, recognized by peers for his or her communications skills and knowledge of bike mechanics. With:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, along with 1-3 years of experience being a representative;
• An interest for business development
• An ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• A proficiency in English (written and spoken);
• Being a great communicator
• Knowledge of CRM tools and the Office suite;
• Comfort using technologies (tablet, cellphone) and computer software;
• A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle;
• A strong interest for the bike industry
• A valid passport.
• Base salary & commission-based remuneration
• Per-kilometre allowance
• Cellphone allowance
What We Offer
An autonomy to carry out your duties: your work is not judged upon the hours you punch in, but rather by the impact that you have.
A challenging work environment in a fast-paced industry.
The best of both worlds: all the good things teamwork has to offer and the flexibility of working from home.
Cool perks you won't be missing out on - group insurance plan, discounts on our products, cellphone and per-kilometre allowance, commission program based on sales.
Most of all, one-of-kind teammates who will inspire you to push boundaries and think big!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online Here.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|