February 27/13 15:26 pm - Specialized Announces Enduro 29
Posted by Editoress on 02/27/13
Specialized announced today the latest model for the Enduro line, the all-new Enduro 29. From Specialized:
There are two main reasons why Specialized created the Enduro 29:
1. The Enduro scene is growing with many riders wanting the best bike that gives them confidence in the challenging terrain of this All-Mountain experience. Whether this means racing on the emerging Enduro World Series or seeking adventure in the mountains, the Enduro 29 is up to the task.
2. The Specialized way of making a 29er is unrivaled. We make the best 29ers because of our attention to detail and we bring riders what they want. A 29er in the All-Mountain category was thought to be impossible because of the challenges with fit, geometry, & weight. We have figured it out and it further propels our 29er story by having:
• Low slung, roomy top tube for standover with a short head tube to keep the bar height in the correct position.
• The numbers don’t lie; this is the shortest 29er chainstay we have ever made. Combined with a wheelbase that is only 6mm longer than a 26” Enduro, you get a snappy-handling ride.
• The S-Works weighs in at less than 28 pounds (12.7kg)!
Specialized will introduce over the coming months an Enduro Comp 29, Enduro Expert Carbon 29 and an S-Works Enduro Carbon 29.