Posted by Editor on 10/30/14
Reporting to the Velodrome General Manager, Mattamy National Cycling Centre, this part-time position uses comprehensive knowledge of bicycle mechanics to maintain the entire bicycle rental fleet and associated equipment.
Responsibilities include checking in and out all rental bikes and associated equipment as well as maintenance and servicing of rental bikes and rental equipment including spare parts, tires, wheels, pedals, helmets and shoes to ensure they are in excellent working order.
Major Job Responsibilities
• Ensure all rental bikes, helmets and shoes are safe and in excellent condition;
• Maintain a detailed inventory of all bikes, helmets and shoes;
• Maintain complete and accurate repair documentation for all repairs on each piece of equipment;
• Ensure that all equipment, including wheels, tires, handlebar tape, seat, pedals, helmets and shoes are clean;
• Troubleshoot any bicycle mechanical issues which require repair or maintenance and safely and effectively execute repairs;
• Report bike and rental equipment condition to Supervisor;
• Work with the Head Coach, Milton Cycling Academy regarding the planning and delivery of required bicycle and associated equipment to meet the needs of the participants;
• Provide excellent customer service;
• Maintain a safe, clean work area including proper usage and storage of equipment;
• Coordinate, prepare and ensure availability of equipment for use as required by program demand;
• Maintain positive relationships, clear communication channels and work cooperatively with all staff and participants;
• Report any accidents, incidents, concerns or site damage to the Supervisor;
• Submit all required forms ensuring accuracy and completeness of information to Supervisor, Customer Service and Head Coach, Milton Cycling Academy;
• Politely enforce the established facility rules and guidelines governing the safety and conduct of participants;
•Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions: training, meetings and allocated program times as determined by Supervisor and Head Coach, Milton Cycling Academy;
• Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives.
Education and Experience
• Completion of Secondary Education;
• Completion of bicycle maintenance technical training is an asset;
• Minimum of two (2) years bicycle mechanical experience;
• Comprehensive understanding of bicycle mechanics and maintenance;
• Able to build a complete bicycle correctly from bare frame and parts;
• Previous experience overseeing part-time staff in a recreational environment an asset;
• Effective organizational, time management and problem solving skills;
• Strong communication and customer service skills;
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment;
• Experience in bicycle shop maintenance (track bike specific) an asset;
• Knowledge and experience with multi-discipline cycling or understanding of track cycling an asset.
Hourly Rate: $17.99 - $19.46
Interested applicants should apply online at www.milton.ca under the Careers section by 11:59pm on November 14, 2014.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|