Posted by Editor on 01/4/16
Does the idea of increasing retail education, brand awareness and rider engagement get you pumped up? Would people consider you a creative builder of brands? Are you stoked about the opportunity to help retailers connect riders with our brand in an authentic way? Do you enjoy the challenge of creating innovative and tailored product strategies? If you were able to answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
Specialized Bicycles was founded in 1974 by riders for riders. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, California, with global distribution, the company focuses on improving the bike riding experience for all. Specialized delivers functional and technically advanced bikes, and equipment that provides true performance benefits. The Canadian head office is located in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC.
Specialized Canada has two job opportunities for Field Brand Developer, in Ontario and British Columbia.
• Develop and drive a regional rider engagement strategy - including consumer product demos, retailer clinic/demo days and community events and partnerships
• Identify, develop and manage a team of local ambassadors who represent the brand at group rides and demos
• Coordinate with team leaders to develop curriculum, agenda and follow up for annual Regional Retailer Education and Regional Visual Merchandising Summits
• Coordinate with market development reps to create and deliver product presentations
• Mentor and coach L1 brand developers, ensuring their success and supporting their growth
• Educate and train retailers on sales and marketing techniques to improve foot-traffic and velocity
• Develop and manage unique marketing initiatives to connect our brand to the local market
• Measure the results and adjust your strategy, with a strong bias towards increasing demo conversion and Specialized product sales
• Positive, organized, opportunity-seeking mindset - you see every challenge as an opportunity and find the silver-lining
• Charismatic and authentic presentation abilities - a natural communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to understand the consumer and drive initiatives based on observed trends
• Excellent organization and time management skills; able to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with little direction
• Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate, lead, negotiate and influence, especially when collaborating with cross-functional teams
Willingness to work in the field, including evening and weekend events
• Minimum 3 years of experience representing a brand
• Experience in bicycle retail is a plus
• Fluency in Microsoft Office programs
• Valid passport
• Willing to work during week-ends
• Willing to be on the road most of the time
Please send your resume to Canada.Events@specialized.com. Please identify the geographic location you are applying for.
Job posting closes on January 29, 2016, at 5pm EST.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|