Posted by Editoress on 05/25/18
The Hamilton 2003 Road Cycling Foundation was established to support long-term development of young road athletes from Junior ranks to road professional teams, and to support national talent identification of young road athletes.
Ross Chafe was a long-serving member of the Hamilton Road Foundation Board and instrumental in obtaining positive investment returns for the Foundation's funds. It was his philosophy that the Foundation should utilize its resources to the full extent possible to support developing riders. Ross and another Whistler Cycling Club rider were killed while riding northwest of Whistler in June of 2015. The Ross Chafe Award has been established to honour the memory of this significant contributor to the development of Canadian road cyclists.
Criteria for Award
The Award will be granted annually with both a female and male recipient receiving $5,000.00 based on the following criteria to be met by each applicant:
1. shall be a Top-8 finisher in the Road Race or Time Trial at the 2018 Canadian Road Championships in the Junior category,
2. Shall not be a carded athlete,
3. Has not received the award in previous years, and
4. Shall have high academic standing in the school year completed in 2018,
5. Shall provide his/her best performance in a National or International Race, for example in the Tour of Abitibi (men) or in the Tour de la Relève (women)
Interested applicants should complete the Application Form and attach a photocopy of their 2017-18 school year final marks and forward it to the National Office by July. 31, 2018. The Award will be made by Sept. 1, 2018, towards the training and tuition costs of the recipients.
Applications should be sent to:
Hamilton Road Foundation
c/o Cycling Canada Cyclism
203 - 2197 Riverside Drive
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|