Posted by Editor on 07/24/19
The fourth leg of the Gravel Cup p/b Euro-sports, the Walsh Wiltshire Renfrew Randonneur, is taking place on July 27th at the Dacre & Area Community Centre in Mount St. Patrick, in the foothills of the Madawaska Highlands.
The courses take in a spectacular network of single lane treed summer maintained roads just outside of Renfrew in the Ottawa Valley. The courses are undulating but the roads are pristine and fast and, most importantly, quiet.
The Sport course is short at 38km but is arguably the most enjoyable. The 77km Competitive course takes in some more roads farther north, including a private farm lane and the slightly more rugged Ken Dick Road, before finishing at the Dacre & Area Community Centre. Except for the Gorra Hill Climb, this course is less biting and rugged than the previous two events and will certainly provide a different experience. This would be an excellent event for someone who would like to try or is new to gravel.
In addition there'll be:
• Course support from the Renfrew ATV Club
• Modest sampling of beer from the Walsh Wiltshire Brewing Co.
• Draw prizes
• Fully signed courses
• Timing for both the Sport & Competitive courses
• Music by Ken Ramsden
• Fully stocked aid station (chocolate peanut butter balls included)
• Post event food from the Dacre & Area Community Centre (not included in entry fee)
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|