Posted by Editoress on 01/7/20
Rocky Mountain has been designing, developing and perfecting mountain bikes on Vancouver's North Shore since 1981. This diverse playground has offered us the ideal proving grounds for all kinds of riding. As passionate riders ourselves, we go to great lengths to make the world's best mountain bikes. Whether for the Enduro races or a weekend adventure, Rocky Mountain bikes are designed for passionate riders. LOVE THE RIDE.
Rocky Mountain is seeking a technical representative committed to sharing their love of riding and their passion for the Rocky Mountain brand with people throughout Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic provinces). The position is located at the Rocky Mountain Head Office, in Saint-Georges, Beauce, Quebec.
It's easy to love your job when your employer is recognized as one of the premium mountain bike brands worldwide. This prestigious standing translates to ambitious organizational objectives in line with the company's reputation.
Your mission is to spread the word about our bikes and to grow the Rocky Mountain community throughout Eastern Canada. You will organize demo tours and participate in scheduled riding events in order to get out and meet customers and mountain biking enthusiasts. While out on the road, you will seize opportunities to promote and sell our related products and to provide technical support as needed.
You will plan and organize all aspects of your demo tour (schedule, demos, workshops and presentations, promotional material, logistics, transportation, security, maintenance and storage of material, etc.) and will be responsible for caring for the vehicle and the fleet of bikes entrusted to you.
In collaboration with your colleagues from the marketing, sales and customer services teams, you will play a key role in the deployment of the sales force throughout Eastern Canada and contribute to creating the incredible customer experience Rocky Mountain takes pride in. Thanks to the close relationships you develop with our customers, you will anticipate and understand the needs and trends that drive our constant innovation and enable us to remain industry leaders.
To excel and thrive in this role:
• You absolutely must love riding and want to share your passion with as many people as possible.
• You're a people person and your enthusiasm is contagious.
• You have strong retail bike sales or bicycle mechanics experience (at least 3 years). You're able to handle customer and dealer requests with skill and professionalism.
• You're a team player who is also comfortable working alone. You don't hesitate to share your ideas to improve your team's methods.
• You know the region and are always on the lookout for opportunities to grow our market.
• You understand that life on tour is intense during the high season and that it often entails working weekends and several days in a row. You appreciate this level of independence, and you manage your schedule in an efficient and responsible manner.
• Challenges excite you, and you don't need anyone else to motivate you to produce results; you enjoy taking ownership of your own goals.
• You like travelling and are used to frequent trips. You will spend about 80% of your time on the road, in Canada and the United States.
What awaits you at Rocky Mountain:
• Being part of a passionate team that designs and develops the very best mountain bikes, and sells them in more than 20 countries
•Working for a fast growing company in an ever changing environment, with a team committed to being at the forefront of new trends, technologies and performance tools (Microsoft NAV, Office 365, Power BI, electronic document management, etc.)
• Collaborating with colleagues across multiple locations (Quebec, British Columbia, United States, Europe, Asia)
• Access to group insurance and retirement plans
• Great employee discounts on our bikes and related products
• Access to a gym at the office
•Flexible schedule and many more perks
• You must have a valid driver's licence and a flawless driving record. You will sometimes have to drive for more than five hour stretches!
• You are able to lift and handle 80lb. (36 kg) loads. You'll have to load and unload the bikes and all other material yourself.
• You speak French and English fluently.
• You are proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and other computer tools.
If this position sounds interesting to you and you'd love to work in a high-octane, fast-paced environment where you can really leave your mark, send your resumé to email@example.com with the subject line TECH REP CANADA by Monday, January 17, 2020.
We give fair consideration to all equivalent backgrounds, and our recruitment and hiring processes comply with all standards in this respect.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|