Posted by Editor on 01/27/21
Cycling Canada is seeking candidates for the position of High Performance Committee Chair. The High Performance Committee (HPC) is a volunteer committee mandated to advise and assist Cycling Canada's High Performance Director (HPD) with the development, review and application of policy related to high performance programs.
The role of the Chair is to collaborate with the HPD in planning and leading committee meetings and discussions; to ensure the HPC makes decisions within its mandate; and to ensure HPC decisions are communicated appropriately.
All HPC members should have strong knowledge of the sport of cycling and skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
• Coaching elite cyclists
• Coaching development cyclists
• Competing or leading a team at world championships and/or major multisport Games
• Program management
• Diversity and inclusion in sport
• Sport science
In addition, the HPC Chair should have previous experience on a volunteer committee, and be able to:
• Lead a team
• Be impartial and objective
• Respect confidentiality
• Mediate committee conversations
• Encourage committee engagement
• Be tactful
• Resolve disputes
• Delegate effectively
• Organize and chair effective and productive meetings
• Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
• Navigate Cycling Canada's structure and stakeholders
The full HPC mandate and the role of the Chair are contained in Cycling Canada's Policy on Operational Committees, which can be downloaded Here.
Interested candidates should contact Cycling Canada's Chief Executive Officer Matthew Jeffries and High Performance Director Kris Westwood by February 5, 2021.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top