Posted by Editoress on 06/11/18
Cycling Canada has updated the job posting for the position of CTO (Chief Technical Officer) and extended the application deadline to June 18, 2018. The original job posting can be found Here. The updated information:
As an integral member of Cycling Canada's Senior Management Team, the Head Coach - Chief Technical Officer is responsible for supervising and directing the training and preparation of the athletes on Cycling Canada's National Teams; providing leadership and mentoring to all national cycling coaches; leading and directing Cycling Canada's Senior and Next Generation High Performance Programs; and ensuring Canada's performances at the international level in each of the Olympic and Paralympic cycling sports meet established targets and are aligned with Cycling Canada's Strategic Plan. The Head Coach - Chief Technical Officer will play an integral part in both setting and achieving Cycling Canada's vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead and direct the development and oversee the implementation of Cycling Canada's High Performance Plan, in alignment with CC's Strategic Plan and the terms agreed to with CC's funding partners.
2. Work with the national coaches to plan and develop short- and long-term training programs to assist athletes in preparing for targeted competitions.
3. Work with the national coaches to analyze and evaluate performances and results to assess and examine strengths and areas of improvement of individual athletes and teams, and to revise or modify individual or team training programs to address these strengths and weaknesses.
4. Create and implement strategies to improve individual and team performances.
5. Work with the national coaches and other service providers, including scientists, physiologists, doctors, specialized trainers and other professionals, to foster and develop skills and strengths of individual athletes and teams.
6. Work closely with the CEO & HPOD to foster cooperation and alignment with CC's partners and CC's vision.
7. Manage relationships with CC's high performance funding partners
8. Recruit, manage and nurture the network of high performance coaches and CC high performance staff in collaboration with key performance partners.
9. Collaborate with the CEO, CFO and HPOD in the development of the yearly High Performance budgets in alignment with CC's overall financial vision.
10. Engage with CC's Board of Directors and volunteer committees.
11. Lead and direct CC's Annual Own the Podium review and presentation.
12. Act or appoint a designate as team leader in all multisport Games and World Championships.
13. Represent Canadian cycling on international technical issues as required.
14. Collaborate with the Domestic Development Director on domestic technical issues as required
15. Engage with other Cycling Canada stakeholders as required.
16. When needed, support the Director of Marketing and Communication and the HPOD in the prospecting strategies around securing National Team sponsors and suppliers.
17. Be available for public relations or promotional appearances as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in High Performance Sport at the Director level or higher
• NCCP level 4 coaching certification, or equivalent experience/education
• World class technical knowledge of all cycling sports
• Leadership experience in the Olympic and Paralympic Games environment and at World Championships is preferred.
• The ability to work in both official languages is an asset.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to: CTOhiring@cyclingcanada.ca
Any questions regarding this posting can be addressed to Interim CEO Matthew Jeffries at: Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 613-248-1353 ext. 2609
CLOSING DATE: Monday, June 18, 2018
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|