Posted by Editor on 12/5/21
The Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) is the recognized authority by Cycling Canada as the governing body for the sport of cycling in Ontario including Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road, Track, Cyclo-Cross and BMX. The OCA works within an established strategic plan and annual operating plan to achieve identified targets. All personnel are required to operate within the policies and procedures as established by the association's volunteer Board of Directors and are expected to act in alignment with the association's values.
Reporting To: President & CEO
Location: Mattamy National Cycling Centre Velodrome in Milton, Ontario.
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000 (Full-time)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Specialist are, but not limited to, the following:
1. Planning & Goal Setting
• Develop annual marketing, communication and social media plans to help promote and display Ontario Cycling Association
• Develop annual marketing themes and campaigns, including the collection of data from the marketing campaigns through SEO analytics
• Leveraging analytics and competitive analysis to help create new campaigns
• Create legitimate goals and action items that coincide with Ontario Cycling's strategic and operational priorities
• Devise efficient and effective annual marketing budget
• Develop all press and media relations material
• Working with the Ontario Cycling Association Management Team, create and implement the design, production and distribution of publications including member resources, newsletters, blogs and annual reports.
• Write, edit and design content for diverse audiences
3. Brand Development & Management
• Development and management of the Ontario Cycling Association brand and image
• Approve use of brand on publications, products, and merchandise.
• Oversee development of Ontario Cycling Association's merchandise through external clothing supplier.
4. Digital Marketing
• Development and management of organization social media schedule and calendar
• Create and curate content for all of Ontario Cycling Associations' social media platforms.
• Conduct paid ads on various social media platforms and track performance using social listening and amplification tools
• Develop and manage the Cycling Ontario blog, including sourcing of guest bloggers
• Oversee and update www.ontariocycling.org
5. Sponsorships & Partnerships
• Working with the President & CEO, source strategic partners and financial sponsors for Ontario Cycling Association
• Maintain and tend to current partnerships
• Working with the Event Team, create sponsorship package for targeted events
• Management of the Ontario Cycling Association Member Benefit Program
6. Events & Activations
• Work closely with Event Manager and events team to develop compelling, impactful event messaging to support communication requirements, including but limited to, invitations, reminders, post-event follow up messages and surveys
• Marketing and public relations coverage of Ontario Cycling Events
• Develop and execute activations for targeted Ontario Cycling Events
• Work with Ontario Cycling Management Team to ensure consistency and excellence of brand during events
7. Club Member Marketing
• Create marketing and brand resources for Clubs and organization to use
• Communicate with and assist Club marketing volunteers and webmasters
• Assist in brand development of new Clubs.
• Research on latest trends to ensure innovative and original content
• Create marketing and brand resources for clubs and event organizers
• Work with freelancers, web designer, graphic designer and photographer to produce Ontario Cycling Association related content
• Recruit and manage social media interns
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must have a passion for sport (Cycling experience is an asset!)
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good team building skills and the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities
• Must be creative and innovative
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have University or College Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business and/or Sports Administration
• Must have experience managing and maintaining websites and social media streams
• Must be competent with MS Office, Adobe Create Suite (Premiere and Photoshop) and Canva.
• Must have experience with social media and management platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Hootsuite and SEO
• Must have excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Must have a high commitment to customer service and conflict resolution
• Knowledge and experience in Ontario's amateur sport system is an asset
• A current police record check will be required
• Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays due to the timing of Ontario Cycling Association events
• Successful candidate must show proof of vaccination at time of hire
• Travel will be required
• Bilingual is an asset
Please send a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, December 16th, at 23:59 EDT.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted by Ontario Cycling Association.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|