Posted by Editor on 02/25/23
If you love cycling and enjoy working with children, then becoming a HopOn instructor could be a perfect job for you.
As a HopOn instructor, you'll be responsible for delivering school, after-school, and summer camp programs offered by Cycling BC. HopOn instructors play a vital role in promoting and developing youth cycling. While it's a fantastic job, it also has a lasting positive impact on the program's youth participants, the future of cycling, and the instructors who deliver the program.
Here are some ways you can have an impact as a HopOn instructor:
1. Inspiring a love for cycling: HopOn instructors help children discover the joy of cycling, teaching them new skills and building confidence on the bike. By making cycling fun and engaging, they inspire a love for the sport that can last a lifetime.
2. Developing the next generation of cyclists: HopOn instructors play a key role in developing the next generation of cyclists. They help young riders learn the basics of cycling and instil good habits that will stay with them as they progress in the sport. By providing a positive and supportive environment, they encourage children to keep cycling and to take part in local events and races.
3. Making cycling more accessible: HopOn instructors work to make cycling more accessible to all children, regardless of their background or ability. By providing bikes and equipment, and by teaching basic maintenance skills, they help remove barriers to entry and make cycling more inclusive.
4. Fostering healthy habits: Cycling is a great way to stay active and healthy, and HopOn instructors help instil this value in their students. By teaching children to ride safely and to respect the basic rules, they help promote healthy habits that can last a lifetime.
5. Building a sense of community: HopOn instructors help create a sense of community around cycling. They bring together children of all ages and backgrounds through a universal activity like cycling. HopOn's games-based curriculum incorporates teamwork and cooperation and helps children develop important social skills and build friendships.
Overall, HopOn instructors have a lasting positive impact on youth cycling. Being a HopOn instructor is a fun and rewarding job that allows you to share your love of cycling with children. If you're interested in becoming a HopOn instructor, check out the position descriptions and the stories of past instructors.
Become a HopOn Instructor and apply today! Submit your resume and cover letter by March 1, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|