Posted by Editor on 04/10/07
Volunteers Needed at MTB Worlds
The organisers of the 2007 UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships at Fort William, are looking for up to 250 volunteers to work on one of the biggest sporting events to hit the UK this year.
From 3 to 9 September 2007 Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, will host the most important and the biggest mountain bike event in the world this year. More than 700 world class riders from 50 nations will come together with over 40,000 enthusiastic spectators to take part in a spectacular, action packed fiesta of adrenaline fuelled mountain biking.
Leemo Reid from organisers, Rare Management, said: 'Over the last five years our hardworking, enthusiastic volunteers have been crucial to the overwhelming success of the World Cup events at Fort William. They have helped to make Fort William the best mountain bike venue in the world'.
'We are now looking for 250 volunteers to help us stage the sporting event of the year - 2007 UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships at Fort William. Volunteering at the World Championships will be hard work, but can also be fun and a rewarding experience. So all those who want to be part of the event should register on the World Championships website. Places are always oversubscribed so get your application in now'.
Volunteer departments include course marshals, parking and traffic control, signage and course installations, admin, media and VIP support, World Cup Village security, drivers, volunteer coordination and First aid.
Applications to volunteer can be made online now - www.fortwilliamworldchamps.co.uk/volunteers.html. All applications will be considered and everyone who applies will be contacted in late May 2007.
* Volunteers must be at least 16 years old Ã‹â€ absolutely no exceptions!
* Volunteers should be hardworking, enthusiastic and prepared to take on all roles as directed by team leaders
* Volunteers must be prepared to work long hours whatever the weather conditions
* Volunteers don't need experience but if you have specific skills or have volunteered at the World Cup before please tell us!
* Volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of three days
In return Volunteers will receive:
* Volunteer 'goody bag' including several items of branded clothing Ã‹â€ your uniform
* Invitations to event parties
* Packed lunches/food vouchers
* Daily expenses allowance of 30 pounds per day OR Bed & Breakfast in shared hostel type accommodation in Fort William plus 40 pounds towards your travel expenses
* A chance to watch some of the extreme action over the weekend free of charge
* Our eternal gratitude!
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|