Posted by Editoress on 09/16/09
Dukes Fall Epic 8 Hour at Hardwood Ski and Bike, Sept 26th, 2009
This week is the last chance to enter Dukes Fall Epic 8 Hour, and get your Team Name on a Personalized Number Plate. Entry closes Wednesday Sept 23rd, but you must enter by Sunday Sept 20th to get the Personalized Number Plates.
The Epic 8 Hour course at Hardwood Ski and Bike is marked and open for pre-riding. The course map is posted on www.epic8hour.ca and available at Hardwood Front Desk. The Epic 8 Hour course is open for pre-riding during regular Hardwood hours of operation only, and regular trail fees apply until Friday Sept 25th. Group discounts are available for teams and clubs. Please see the Hardwood website for complete hours and trail fees. www.hardwoodskiandbike.ca
The Epic 8 Hour Relay is all about the camaraderie, sportsmanship and the gritty, hard-core enjoyment of riding with friends. The Epic 8 Hour relay is a personal and team challenge to complete as many laps as possible from 10 am to 6 pm. Many riders prefer the 8 hour format for a solo challenge, but the majority of riders still enjoy the mix of fun, fast riding and the competitive (or not so competitive), social team atmosphere. Whether riding just for fun, or vying for a podium spot in your category, the Epic 8 Hour will be a memorable experience!
Important Epic 8 Hour Notes:
• New! Enter by Sept 20th and get your Team Name on Personalized Number Plates!
• One lucky draw rider will go home with a Cannondale Capo bike courtesy of Dukes Cycle and Cannondale. .
• Hardwood’s Beach Volleyball court will be open all day for those with extra energy to burn!
• Fall Rules and Regulations are now posted on the event website.
• Very Special Epic 8 Hour Souvenir to the first 600 riders! Enter via www.epic8hour.ca
For all the event details and above information see www.epic8hour.ca.
We look forward to a beautiful fall day of fun and great riding in the autumn colours!
Courtesy Glenn Meeuwisse
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top