Posted by Editoress on 04/12/11
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Experience: 5 years related marketing experience
The Company: Cervélo is the leader in bicycle engineering and the world's largest manufacturer of time trail and triathlon bikes as well as road bikes. Cervélo was ridden by the 2008 Tour de France winner and was ridden by over 40 remarkable Olympic athletes at the Beijing Olympics resulting in three Gold, five Silver and two Bronze medals - a record.
The company is comprised of people who not only love cycling but also love innovating in every way possible. With a focus on "helping our customers win races", Cervélo is a high-growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial company dedicated to making a difference in the cycling industry. We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team.
The Role: The Marketing Project Manager will be responsible for leading, coordinating and executing innovative, high impact marketing campaigns and projects to grow Cervélo's business in accordance to business objectives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Marketing, the Marketing Project Manager is responsible for:
• Contributing to the development and preparation of the marketing plan
• Researching new, innovative approaches and mediums to deliver the Cervélo message
• Executing the marketing plan, including maintaining highly organized Gantt charts to monitor project status
• Managing the budget and allocating resources as appropriate
• Ensuring effective change management throughout project/program delivery
• Tracking progress of projects (tasks, milestones, deliverables)
• Collaborate with Sales and other internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals
• Providing regular project status updates to all stakeholders
• Liaising and collaborating with external marketing partners as required
• Closing projects and conducting post-implementation reviews
• Managing industry and retailer events including coordination of staff, facilitation of demo programs, and coordination of accommodations and staff travel
For this position we require:
• University degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
• Experience with managing media campaigns in all mediums (Print, dealer, consumer, event, TV, web) from needs assessment through to final execution
• In depth project management skills, including effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to plan events
• Ability to motivate and engage a creative team; lead cross-functional teams
• Strategic marketing, branding strategies, online media and consumer behaviour knowledge
• Computer literacy, including project management software (MS Project)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills
• Cycling industry experience preferred
This role involves 25% of travel (valid passport required), as well as weekend and off-hours work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all those for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cervélo is an equal opportunity employer.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|