Posted by Editoress on 05/9/14
The Ontario Cycling Association (OCA), with support from the Kevin Watson Foundation and the HOSS Cross Festival, is excited to announce the first ever OCA Cycling Summer Camp.
This year's camp will take place at Olympia Sport Camp in Huntsville, Ontario. The camp is open to all youth cyclists 12-15 year of age that have a Club Membership, Citizen Permit or UCI licence.
Campers will depart from the Markham Youth Race, p/b Morning Glory CC and Real Deal Racing, and travel to camp, returning Saturday, August 2nd. The training during the camp will take place on road bikes, which successful applicant will have to supply themselves.
The camp is only open to 40 athletes, so registration is limited.
The focus of the Youth Summer Cycling camp is to offer athletes aged 12-15 an opportunity to experience a summer camp with a focus on cycling. The camp will have experienced cycling coaches and support staff to make it a valuable learning week for all.
1. Learn to ride safely and efficiently while riding with others in a group ride
2. Learn techniques around drafting, staying out of the wind and when to attack
3. Work on TT skills this includes: race simulation events and pacing
4. Meet with other athletes and form life-long partnerships through cycling
5. Learn more about cycling from top Ontario coaches
Head Coach for the camp is Provincial Endurance Development Coach - Sean Kelly
Please pass this exciting opportunity onto your athletes.
This is perfect preparation for the Ontario Summer Games the following week in Windsor !!
To Register please contact Heidi at the OCA (Ontario Cycling Association): email@example.com or 416-426-7416.
Download the application form
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|