Posted by Editor on 03/24/15
The NextGen Women's Track Endurance Coach will implement the technical direction that will lead to the building of a robust world class track program. With the support of the Track Integrated Services Team (IST), the NextGen Women's Track Endurance Coach will establish an optimal daily training environment through the creation and implementation of world class training programs for identified female development track endurance athletes.
The NextGen Women's Track Endurance Coach will work in close partnership with the Women's Road Coach and the Women's Track Endurance Coach to establish talent identification and development strategies to increase the mass of female Track and Road international caliber athletes coming into the Track and Road folds. The NextGen Women's Track Endurance Coach will also collaborate with the Men's Development Road Coach, the Men's Road Program Manager as well as the NextGen Men's Track Endurance Coach to ensure proper alignment of the road and track endurance programs
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with the Integrated Support Team (IST), the Track-Road Coordinator and other National coaches ensure optimal daily training environment for all identified elite and development sprint track athletes
• Assisted by IST ensure the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of athlete training and preparation for competition
• Assisted by the HPD-Head Coach and supported by the Track-Road Coordinator ensure the development, implementation and analysis of the NextGen Women's Track Endurance program consistent with the objectives established in the High Performance quadrennial plan
• In collaboration with the Women's Track Endurance Coach and the Women's Road Coach lead the process of identifying and developing a 2020 targeted Women's Track Endurance (WTE) program.
• Overseen by the High Performance Director- Head Coach and assisted by both the Women's Track Endurance Coach, the Women's Road Coach, the Men's Road Development Coach, the NextGen Men's Endurance Coach, the Men's Road Program Manager and the Track Sprint Program Coach create aligned yearly Track program budgets.
• Supported by the Track-Road Coordinator ensure optimal competitive and training conditions and the completion of all support activities required for effective and efficient execution of National Team programs
• Supported by the Track-Road Coordinator and supervised by the High Performance Manager ensure on-budget track development program expenditures.
• Assist the Track-Road coordinator and High Performance Manager in the drafting of yearly selection track development program selection policies and ensure constant follow-through of the said selection policies.
• Upon request of the High Performance Director - Head Coach attend High Performance Committee or Track Selection Advisory Group meetings.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to NCCP identified coaches and provincial/territorial coaches
• Provide counsel to the Performance Development Manager or Development Coordinator in matters pertaining to track LTAD framework and coach specific track NCCP content
• Provide counsel to Track-Road Coordinator and High Performance Manager in the drafting yearly Sport Canada AAP carding criteria.
• Support the Track-Road Coordinator to ensure optimal National Team program information content on Cycling Canada's website, Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Provide counsel to the IST Manager's role of assessing the Track Development programs IST needs
• Overseen by the High Performance Manager assist the Track-Road Coordinator in ensuring efficient National Team equipment distribution and monitoring to identified National Team athletes
Knowledge and Skills
Cycling Canada is looking for a NextGen Women's Track Endurance Coach that has experience coaching at the national and/or international level in a track cycling capacity. Experience working with the next generation of international athletes would be expected. The successful candidate will need to be minimally certified at Level 3 of the National Coaching Certification Program, eligible for equivalency based on past experience and be willing to undergo the Level 4 - Advanced Coaching Diploma of the National Coaching Certification Program.
The following knowledge, skills or experience will be considered assets:
• NCCP Comp. Dev. Advanced (New Level 4) or international equivalency
• experience in the application of sports science, sports medicine and technology to improve performance
• demonstrated teaching and organizational skills
• athlete recruitment and retention capacity
• the ability to communicate in both official languages
• the ability to work with new technologies to communicate with athletes and coaches within the system
Salary & Benefits
The salary scale for the position is in the range of $57,500 to $62,500 dependent on qualifications and experience. In addition the successful candidate will be eligible for benefits in accordance with the organization's Human Resource Guideline. This position is subject to six-month probation; at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Starting Date: End of April 2015
Location: The position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Center velodrome in Milton, Ontario.
Application Deadline: Persons interested should send an expression of interest cover letter and resume for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3rd.
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada Cyclisme promotes Employment Equity.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada.
Cycling Canada (CC) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track. Founded in 1882, the CCA aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances. With the vision to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, Cycling Canada manages the National teams, hosts national and international events, and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|