Posted by Editor on 05/30/15
Rocky Mountain Bicycles has been designing, developing, and perfecting mountain bikes in and around the North Shore of Vancouver, British Columbia since 1981. Its diverse terrain is an ideal proving ground for all types of riding. As riders ourselves, we strive to build the best bikes in the world. From epic adventures to World Cup racing, Rocky Mountain bikes are designed for people who Love the Ride.
As the R & D Design Engineer, reporting to the R&D Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
• Supporting all aspects of designing bike frames, which includes designing ancillary items and developing hardware for frames;
• Working closely with the R&D team, product managers, operations, and suppliers;
• Supporting manufacturing and maintaining documentation;
• Working on suspension design and simulation (FEA);
• Supporting research projects;
• Responsible for supporting the R&D team across many platforms.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering;
• 5 years minimum of work experience;
• 3 years minimum of design engineering experience within a manufacturing environment;
• Proficient in 3D CAD modeling (software: Pro Engineer / Creo);
• Passion for bikes, good listening skills, and determination;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Professional, ethical and organised;
• Available to travel;
• Sense of urgency and able to work as part of a fast paced, creative team.
• Bike industry experience
• Knowledge of mountain bike parts compatibility, and working proficiency of mechanic work
• 3D CAD surfacing experience
• Composites manufacturing experience
• Industrial Design experience.
If this sounds interesting and you like working in a fast paced and exciting environment where your contributions make a difference, then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|