Posted by Editoress on 06/17/15
Are you are a passionate rider who finds yourself surrounded by everything bike related? If your current job isn't cutting the mustard, and you are looking for a fresh start that challenges your knowledge of: reach and stack measurements, correct torque on that bolt, optimal sag set-up, and the desire to help those in need, we may just have the position for you.
Don't get us wrong, there will be work...
Rocky Mountain Bicycles is looking for an Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative for our North Vancouver head office. Rocky Mountain Bicycles has a 34 year history in creating high-quality products with memorable characteristics. This is something that extends throughout the organization and through the people that work here. We have an open office environment and often stretch out ideas through the office to get a full perspective. Day to day you would be working within the Inside Sales / Customer Service team within the office, as well as communicating with the Inside Sales / Customer Service team in our Eastern office. Although mountain biking is an individual sport you have to be able to work well with your teammates.
In addition to a proven track record in selling, technical skills are a must. Knowing your way around a wrench will help understand the ins and outs of ABC's, Ride9, and Smoothlink. The better you know your stuff the easier it is to pass-on to others, in addition to providing the education on a product to close a sale. If you are a bike geek at heart you are moving up our list.
Customers have varying opinions of when they are right and wrong. You of course know which is which. We deal with customers as dealers, distributors, and end users; your ability to adapt to the needs of the customer and know to extend a hand and when to direct them to another alternative is key. Of course managing your time between these tasks and trying to catch-up with Wade Simmons is important. He may ask you to come on a bike ride, after work is usually a good time.
We do, however, work at a bike company, so riding your bike is also considered an asset. We have a shower space and storage for both your bike, and your gear if you're traveling to work by bike. The trails are a five-minute hustle from the office and rides with workmates happen often. Sometimes the pros even need someone to ride with.
So, what we are looking for is someone that is all about the sport and the industry, and has skills to set themselves apart from the crowd to fulfill the requirements of an Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative at Rocky Mountain Bicycles.
...That part is easy though.
Position: Inside Sales / Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
The Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative is the key point of contact for dealers, tech and sales representatives in the field. Responsible for providing support and execution of all order activity, technical support, account management, maximizing sales opportunity and maintaining dealer contacts.
Work effectively within a team to;
• Establish a regular, outgoing, call and email schedule to dealers and outside sales reps
• Field all incoming calls and emails from dealers, tech reps and outside sales reps
• Communicate availability and delivery of bicycles and accessory programs
• Communicate new and existing sales programs
• Provide technical product support including troubleshooting, diagnostics and solutions
• Ensure complete customer satisfaction is provided while applying sales and warranty policies
• Track and manage order submission and entry execution while meeting key order deadlines
• Accurately enter sales orders into the data entry system
• Provide technical support for B2B site
• Provide added support to the parts and warranty department as needed
• Liaise and communicate with all other internal departments as needed
• Travel to various trade, demo and consumer events throughout the season
• 2+ years in Customer Service / Sales
• Superior organization and task management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Post-Secondary education in sales, marketing, or service
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
• Highly proficient in Microsoft excel
• Experience with ERP systems, reporting software and B2B systems
• Professional, ethical and strong integrity
• Ability to work with a team
• Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
• Extensive bicycle sales, mechanical and technical skills a must
• 2+ years of relevant experience in customer service and sales
• Knowledge of the bicycle market
• Excellent listening skills and follow through
• Good organizational skills and able to prioritize
• Valid Passport
• Ability to travel to various events throughout the year
• Ability to work some weekends
• Passion for mountain biking an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Bilingual an asset
Submission deadline : June 26, 2015
Apply with resume to: email@example.com
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|