Posted by Editoress on 09/16/15
Are you passionate about quality and the improvement of processes?
Are you keen on ensuring the respect of the internal quality system, enthusiast to enhance the efficiency of methodologies and a fan of research and development?
Garneau has a unique opportunity for you!
Become Quality & Process Improvement Engineer at Garneau and contribute to enhancing the brand status while propelling your career to the head of the pack!
Under the supervision of the Manufacturing Operations Director, the Quality and Process Improvement Engineer has the responsibility of implementing and ensuring the respect of policies and procedures of the quality system of the Louis Garneau Group (Canada, USA, Mexico, China and subcontracting) and ensuring their coherence and application within the organization. He/she must additionally ensure that the different products respect the laws, regulations and norms applicable to the market for which they are meant. He/she participates in the evaluation of business processes and manufacturing processes to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
More specifically, you will have to:
• Evaluate and optimize processes in order to improve the quality of products and the organization's internal services;
• Revise the corporate quality system (procedures and work instructions);
• Ensure the deployment and the respect of the quality system in the different operation units (Canada, USA, Mexico);
• Establish and ensure the respect of inspection, sampling and testing programs on raw materials and end goods;
• Analyze results that deviate from the norms and take the appropriate corrective actions;
• Coordinate the implementation of preventative measures aiming to improve the efficiency of the quality system and to improve processes;
• Collaborate with the research and development process;
• Participate in the optimization of manufacturing processes and business processes;
• Ensure that the organization's different products meet the requirements expected according to the market for which they are meant;
• Provide Management with advice and information concerning existing legislation and draft legislation having a potential impact or certain products, markets and/or on certain activities of the organization;
• Ensure the integrity and continuity of data in order to guarantee their traceability in the event of a product recall;
• Structure and promote the integrated management of quality and process improvement and take on a strategic role in order to help the organization convey this value of quality at every level;
• Elaborate if needed efficient communication channels with regulatory bodies in order to represent the organization's position and interest;
• Be in constant communication with the China representation office;
• Carry out any other task request by his direct supervisor.
• You hold a university degree in engineering;
• You are a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
• You have at least five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar position;
• You have experience in the manufacturing sector;
• You are fluently bilingual (French and English), both written and spoken;
• You are willing to travel abroad and have a valid passport to do so;
• You have good leadership skills and the ability to work with a team;
• You like evolving in a constantly changing environment, you enjoy and perform in a multitask position;
• You have great written and verbal communication skills;
• You are rigorous, organized and capable of working in a demanding and competitive environment;
You are THE person we are looking for...
What Garneau has to offer:
• Strong values that speak to you: fun, respect, innovation, team spirit and continuation
• Employee discounts on Garneau products
• VIP sales exclusively for employees
• Unlimited access to the on-site gym
• Pilates, Zumba and Spinning classes
• Lunch-time group rides (Lunch rides)
• Health and wellness program
• Company volunteering activities
• Career advancement opportunities
• Two-week corporate vacation in July and one week during the Holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking
• Referral program
• A dynamic and stimulating career with daily challenges
And even more...
• Competitive salary
• Daytime schedule, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• 12 days of statutory holidays
• Personal and sick leaves
• Annual performance evaluations
• 50% employer-paid group insurance
• Pension fund with employer contribution
Interested in joining our team? Apply now at embauche@louisGarneau.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|