Posted by Editoress on 05/1/19
Cycling BC is the provincial governing body for the sport of cycling in British Columbia, representing the full range of cycling disciplines including Road, Track, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Biking, BMX and Para-cycling. Our mission is to foster quality competition and to create partnerships to grow participation in the sport of cycling.
Cycling BC has an employment opportunity as an Event Representative (Summer Position). As part of the Cycling BC team, your contribution will be integral to our success. We value creative solutions to challenges and bring commitment to everything we do.
• We are a team - we work together and take responsibility
• We are flexible and creative - with our time, our solutions and our approach
• Our success is all about how we do things - how we think, solve problems, deliver, and communicate
• We are committed to growing the sport in our province and to supporting athletes, clubs, and members to the best of our ability.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Event Rep to join our team and support a variety of events and races in the cycling community. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of the sport of Cycling - enthusiasts are encouraged to apply.
The Event Rep will work under the direction of the Event Operations Manager and will act as the Cycling BC representative at targeted events. The successful candidate will receive training and ongoing mentorship by Cycling BC Staff. Some time will also be spent working in the Cycling BC office, pre and post-event, ensuring that race organizers have what they need and that race results are checked and posted in a timely manner.
Duties of the position include setting up and taking down of displays/activations at events, assisting with registration, answering customer inquiries, generating reports, tracking metrics, developing content for communications, and performing other administrative tasks as required. As a representative for Cycling BC, the Event Rep will be expected to have strong communication and customer service skills while representing Cycling BC in a professional manner at all times.
Travel and weekend work outdoors is a requirement for this role. Access to a vehicle and the physical ability to lift equipment is also required. Pre-approved out-of-pocket expenses and mileage will be reimbursed.
The rate of pay is $20/hour at approximately 30 hours per week.
As a requirement of the Canada Summer Jobs program, the successful candidate must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
We are hoping to fill this position as soon as possible - the work term will be from May until the end of July 2019.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com; by May 10, 2019.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|