Posted by Editor on 09/3/21
The Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA), the governing body for cycling in the province of Saskatchewan, is currently recruiting for a full-time year-round Provincial Coach, to be based either in Saskatoon or Regina.
The Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA) is the provincial sport organization and member of the Cycling Canada Cyclisme (CCC). SCA is responsible for facilitating an introduction to organized cycling for new riders, developing a strong competitive cycling program, protecting and advocating the rights of cyclists, and acting as the organizing body which promotes cycling in Saskatchewan.
The Provincial Coach role provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in the competitive sport of cycling. Reporting directly to the SCA Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective delivery of a provincial high performance cycling program in all cycling disciplines. This position will also play a key role in mentoring in-province coaches. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and bring a high level of energy to the position.
• Athlete Development - scouting provincial athlete pool to identify potential high performance talent, planning development camps, and creating an LTAD implementation plan and meaningful competition review
• Provincial Team Program - including team building, program preparation, coordination, and management
• Coaching Development - including creating a positive, synergistic and cooperative working relationship with Saskatchewan coaches, and overseeing delivery of NCCP
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
• 1 - 3 years of experience and knowledge of competition in one or more cycling disciplines, and a desire to expand knowledge to include other disciplines is required
• 1 - 3 years of experience with high performance level athlete coaching is preferred
• Experience delivering cycling programs following Canada's Long-Term Athlete Development model
• Proven ability to develop cyclists primarily at the Train-to-Compete level of LTAD
• NCCP-certified Competition Development, or capable of attaining this certification by July 2022
• Degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered a valuable asset
• Experience working with youth and para athletes would be considered an asset
• Current First Aid and CPR certification
• Demonstrated ability to participate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
• Proven ability for group facilitation and program planning
• Proven ability to give tactful, positive advice and constructive feedback
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities within established guidelines
• Strong problem solving, relationship building, active listening, interpersonal, and motivational skills
• Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and professionalism
• Must reside in Saskatchewan (Regina or Saskatoon preferred)
• Must maintain a valid Class 5 driver's license and be insurable through the Association's insurance provider. Must provide a reliable vehicle
• Must be willing to travel in-province and nationally, work remotely, and work outside core operating hours as required
• Flexible hours of work - approximately 40 hours per week, including weekend and evening work
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
• Must submit a Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sectors Check
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Starting Salary: Based on education, qualifications, and experience. Range $50,000 to $55,000 per annum.
Job Description: Please contact the Association if interested in the complete job description.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter, including preferred location of either Saskatoon or Regina, to Saskatchewan Cycling Association Executive Director, Sarah Honeysett (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
The Saskatchewan Cycling Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top