Posted by Editor on 01/18/22
Promote and elevate the Specialized brand in our retail environment at the Squamish Experience Center. Our Retail Operations Manager will drive customer service excellence, sales and rentals expansion, and ensure store operations run smoothly. Constantly learning new trends and technologies, sharing that knowledge with the teams, building, and promoting a positive and inclusive work environment. Leading by example and promoting the company's values.
At Specialized, we value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry?
• Meet sales targets and drive sales staff to reach them. Must ensure the success of the enterprise, while being accountable for the store's performance.
• Assist the HQ with price setting, share industry prices, customer information, and growth opportunities.
• Develop and implement growth opportunities for Specialized through retail.
• Support the Service Manager, responsible for technical questions and issues.
• Stay up to date with products trends, technologies, and products launches. Show as a product leader within the Experience Center.
• Responsible for transferring this knowledge to the staff. Following established SOP, the Retail Manager is responsible for training new staff with proper adequate knowledge before they can start selling or renting products.
• Recruit and develop a professional team, create an atmosphere that is free from discrimination and harassment. Evaluate personnel once a year and conducts six yearly appraisals with personnel.
• Responsible for the store's cleanliness and outstanding presentation.
• Responsible for keeping the space looking professional and organized, promoting the products, and brand aligning with the agreed store design.
• Responsible for keeping all shelves and floor filled, as part of the daily plan.
• Responsible for managing inventory levels and reordering new products.
• Responsible for keeping the demo fleet running in perfect condition alongside the Service Manager.
• Support HQ with month-end and EOY reporting on sales and inventory.
• Responsible for supporting the planification and organizing of events for the Experience Center. Following previously approved annual plan and budget and following brand alignment on execution.
• Ensure Experience Center supports local ambassadors are getting the proper benefits, but that they also appropriately promote and represent the store and brand and take part in events that were previously agreed upon.
What You Need To Win
• Passion for cycling and a true belief that it has the power to change lives.
• 3-5 years experience as a leader in specialty, luxury, or similar retail
• Experience in driving team efforts with results-focused techniques to deliver success metrics.
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• In-depth technical knowledge of Specialized products and the cycling industry in general.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, in a clear and professional manner.
• Ability to identify issues and alternatives and recommend possible solutions
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone - especially those from marginalized groups - to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider's brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedalling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
Come ride with us!
If you have any questions about this job opportunity, do not hesitate to send us an email first or reach out through a direct message on Instagram or Facebook! @specialized_ca
Apply for this position via firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your resume and cover letter.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|