Posted by Editor on 01/18/22
The Communications Coordinator will help execute plans and activities in the areas of marketing and communications that drive the Cycling Canada brand and elevate the profile of Canada's athletes, programs and events across the country. This role will be essential to supporting the organization's strategic direction particularly as it pertains to driving growth in resources, profile and organizational excellence.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create compelling web content, including social media posts, blog posts, videos, press releases & newsletters
• Oversee CC's social media strategy and delivery
• Oversee translation of all social media, and support in translation of all other digital communications
• Conduct regular digital, media & PR analytics
• Coordinate and support internal and external communications
• Assist with developing creative work for CC programs and events
• Support media operations
• Oversee and manage CC's website
• Manage media & athlete relations on the ground at various events
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant training
• Bilingual (oral and written)
• 2-4 years experience working in the marketing or communications field
• Expertise in digital marketing, as well as a strong proficiency with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Google Ad Manager and Wordpress
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) and Canva
• Effective organization and prioritization, with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
• Strong knowledge of and passion for the sport of cycling considered an asset
• Able to work non-traditional hours and travel for work
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are
looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line prior to January 30, 2022 at 5pm EST . We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
Status: Full Time, Permanent Position
Reports To: Marketing & Communications Manager (MCM)
Works with: Chief Development Officer (CDO), Chief Sport Officer (CSO), Director of Marketing & Events, HP Program Directors, Managers & Coordinators, Domestic Directors, Managers & Coordinators, National Team Coaches & IST staff, Finance & Admin Staff
Location: This position will be based at either of Cycling Canada's permanent office locations in Ottawa or the Greater Toronto Area, although remote applicants may be considered based on experience & qualifications
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|