Posted by Editor on 01/19/22
Cycling BC Seeks Head Coach to Lead High Performance and Development Programs in BC. The Head Coach will work in collaboration with the Athlete Pathway Manager (APM), oversees the Cycling BC Athlete Development program that prepares gracious champions for the next level of the sport and creates lifelong ambassadors to the BC cycling community.
The Head Coach will foster an aligned and holistic multi-discipline approach to Cycling BC's development and performance programming and will help build a culture of collaboration and excellence within Cycling BC's Coaching team. The Head Coach will provide leadership, mentoring and supervision to Cycling BC's Provincial Coaches and affiliate coaches with the goals of building a robust development and performance program, increasing racing and skill development opportunities for athletes across all disciplines and in collaboration with the APM and the Head of Coach Development, increasing coaching knowledge, expertise, and capacity across BC.
The Head Coach reports directly to the CEO and collaborates with the APM, Provincial Coaches, and Head of Coach Development.
The Head Coach will support the strategic and operational objectives of Cycling BC's Athlete Development programming with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Collaborates with the APM to:
a. Develop and administer the annual athlete development program, aligned with the Cycling BC strategic plan including driving collaboration and alignment between disciplines, as well as between Cycling BC and key stakeholder groups (LSO's, trade teams, etc.), including establishing budgets and timelines.
b. Develop sport discipline specific deliverables (number of camps/programs/targets/events)
c. Develop reporting criteria and reports that demonstrate the annual target metrics.
d. Develop targeted athlete and Provincial team eligibility criteria.
e. Develop a U23/Elite Provincial team program.
2. Monitors programming of each discipline.
3. In collaboration with the Provincial Coaches work closely with clubs to educate, develop and implement proper pathway alignment across all of Cycling BC's cycling sports;
4. Participates in selecting and provides supervision, mentoring and direction to affiliate/sport specific coaches.
5. Collaborates with Provincial Coaches to:
a. develop testing and performance metrics
b. implement sport specific deliverables and program specific expectations.
c. Collect, collate, and synthesize sport specific data for development of reporting metrics and program outcome reports by APM.
6. Attends Cycling BC sports specific coaching meetings (for example) to stay up to date on current programming and Provincial/project criteria.
7. Collaborates with Cycling BC staff to advance the interests of Cycling BC provincial team athletes, including: a. Identifying and steering special projects for podium targeted athletes
8. To ensure continuity of program services and deliverables the head coach may be required to cover off provincial coach duties and pathway manger duties.
9. In collaboration with the APM and Head of Coach Development, conducts annual review of Provincial Coaches.
10. Other duties as required by the CEO.
• NCCP Comp Dev. Certified
• Experience working as a coach in multiple cycling disciples.
• Prior Experience as a Head/Provincial Coach, with extensive sport technical knowledge of your respective sport, along with an understanding of the physiological and psychological demands placed on its competitors.
• Experience in the development and implementation of seasonal plans for athletes competing in a major regional, provincial, national, and/or international competition.
• Experience managing/supervising interdisciplinary teams (3+ years)
• Experience preparing reports and deliverables (3+ years)
• Experience developing programs and reporting deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in Sport Science or similar, or equivalent experience.
• Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and administrative skills.
• A strong understanding and fundamental belief in the mission of Sport in BC and the strategic plan of Cycling BC.
• Working knowledge of the Canadian sport system and Cycling BC.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of an interdisciplinary team in the pursuit of Cycling BC's goals
• Ability to work in a demanding environment on-site at training camps and events
• Willingness and availability to participate in professional development opportunities, training camps and other functions as required.
• Proficiency in computer skills is mandatory.
• Must be 18 years of age or over.
• Valid C.P.R. and first aid.
• Valid passport and class 4 driver's license. Ability to travel without restrictions.
• No criminal record, or safe sport concerns/active investigations or findings of safe sport violations.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Erin Waugh, CEO, Cycling BC at email@example.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|