Posted by Editor on 01/19/22
The Norco Canadian Enduro Series (NCES) is a subsidiary of the BC Enduro Series Inc. (BCES), and shares the common interest of working in collaboration with host communities to provide an authentic adventure for riders looking to compete, travel and experience mountain biking through Enduro Racing. We're looking for a Race Director for the 2022 season, to build and grow our events. Do you have a passion for Enduro mountain bike racing? Do you love being on the trails, supporting racers, and pulling off great events? If you answered yes, or 'yes please', then read on!
To produce our planned 2022 race events, we will rely on the expertise and passion of our Race Director to make sure that event production is constantly moving forward with the safety, fun, and total experience for participants always in mind. The RD will drive the plan, work with host locations and our operations staff, all while bringing expertise in the mountain biking race market to grow our brand and presence across Canada. For 2022, we will be operating 8 Enduro races across BC and Alberta in a prestigious and exciting series.
The Race Director will work remotely most of the year, and will be very busy on location the week of events, and will be responsible for everything the racers will see and experience while on their bikes on race day. Managing the course prep, marking trails to NCES standards, setting up the start/finish chutes, and working with our timing system set up on all stages are the most important components of the job.
You will work with our Events team to ensure that all details are handled. The RD will be a true leader who can inspire and lead our race operations, and be able to make quick critical decisions and multi-task in a potentially high stress environment, and have the desire to work on details on the back end of events to ensure their future success and growth.
Candidates should have proven event management experience, have strong organization abilities and excellent time management skills. Candidates must be physically able to carry up to 50 lbs, and be able to bike or hike to manage all course marking. Candidates must also be able to think quickly and make decisions on race day when they arise.
Experience & Qualifications
● 2 years of RD and/or event management experience
● Must be able to courteously and efficiently deal with event participants, staff, and volunteers
● Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to support and direct staff
● Outgoing personality
● Basic Microsoft Office / Google Workspace experience
● Must be available long days/nights leading up to, and at all NCES events
● Using Trailforks and timing systems
The following is a list of some of the typical functions of the Race Director. The management team may ask for additional help in other areas of the business including any outside the box thinking!
● Work with the Managing Director and Operations Manager to plan and produce all NCES races on time, on budget, and within NCES standards
● Coordinate and manage the required course marking supplies, and course marking plans
● Work with the Managing Director and permitting bodies to plan and obtain all trail use approvals where required
● Proactively handle and troubleshoot emerging issues on event weekend
● Work with staff and Zone4 timing to ensure a seamless timing set up and racer experience
● Design courses using Trailforks
Pay: TBD based on experience and time commitment available
Perks: Company vehicle / Remote work option
How to Apply
Please send an email to Matt Holbrook, BCES/NCES owner. Be sure to tell Matt why you want to be a great team member within our growing business, and note which events you are interested in working with us, along with sending your resume: email@example.com.
We thank all for their interest, however, only those with a strong Enduro and/or mountain biking background, along with a clear passion for growing our events, will be contacted for a chat!
Download the Job Description
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top