Posted by Editor on 05/10/22
The Fundraising Manager will work under the leadership of the Director of Operations and Inclusion, to lead an ambitious fundraising strategy by providing overall management for donor relations and stewardship activities across all fundraising programs. As a key member of the fundraising team, the Fundraising Manager is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of all aspects of Cycling Canada's stewardship and donor recognition program. This position will also engage Cycling Canada alumni through fundraising and in all aspects of the strategic plan.
This position is based at the national office in Ottawa or in one of Cycling Canada's regional hubs.
The Fundraising Manager will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada's Fundraising Programs with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Oversee the implementation of various fundraising and stewardship events and donor hospitality opportunities
2. Develop plans and lead the implementation of alumni engagement programs and related initiatives
3. Implement, manage, monitor, and evaluate fundraising and stewardship plans for major gifts, mid-level gifts, corporate gifts, and stock donations
4. Assist in the creation and implementation of promotional plans and donor communication strategies
5. Creation of budgets for events, donor incentives, and marketing
6. Manage Cycling Canada's donor CRM database with up to date donor information and reporting
7. Create and manage fundraising campaigns to support the overall fundraising strategy
8. Manage an annual calendar of donor stewardship events and communications
9. Act as main point of contact for all donor inquiries
10. Develop and maintain relationships with Cycling Canada donors and prospective donors
11. Manage, report, and issue tax receipts in compliance with CRA rules and Cycling Canada's Policy on Charitable Gifting
• A minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising and donor stewardship
• University or college degree in Sport Management, Event Management, Fundraising or equivalent experience
• Proven Leader and excellent communicator
• Strong Administration skills
• Ability to work closely, cooperatively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to work in both official languages is an asset
• Knowledge of and passion of cycling
The nature of this position is that it will require some travel. Additionally, this role may require you to be available to work both weekends and evenings.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by May 20, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|