Posted by Editor on 01/16/23
The Digital Media Coordinator will help execute digital media plans and activities that drive the Cycling Canada brand and elevate the profile of Canada's athletes, programs and events across the country. This role will be essential to supporting the organization's strategic direction particularly as it pertains to driving growth in resources, profile and organizational excellence.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage all CC social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok
• Plan and over see day-to-day implementation of digital media deliverables in the annual content calendar
• Liaise with provincial/territorial and community partners as well as coaches, sponsors, athletes and other stakeholders for social media content
• Create graphics for CC social media platforms
• Assist in the development of social media training tools for athletes and other CC stakeholders
• Translate all social media posts and support translation of all other digital communications
Additional Digital Media
• Collaborate in the brainstorming, creation, and implementation of strategies, narratives and campaigns related to athletes, sponsors, corporate communications, community engagement, CC programs, events, etc.
• Produce and interpret digital analytics to report on CC's progress versus performance targets and KPIs
• Plan and manage video strategy and execution
• Coordinate annual videographer schedule
• Oversee and manage the CC website
• Track and follow up on sponsor digital deliverables to ensure proactive, timely and satisfactory sponsor servicing
• Contribute to production of monthly and/or annual reporting to sponsors as it pertains to digital media
• Liaise with Domestic staff for coordination of event and community-related sponsor deliverables such as activations, collateral productions, etc.
• Support the writing/editing, translation and distribution of additional communications deliverables where required, including competition coverage
• Contribute to the planning and promotion of CC-owned and -operated events
• Regular travel to CC sanctioned events to provide coverage, support media management and assist the Events Team as required
• Regular weekend competition coverage based on a rotating schedule within the Communications Team
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant training
• BilingualIsm required (oral and written)
• 2-4 years' experience working in the marketing or communications field
• Expertise in digital marketing and a strong proficiency with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & TikTok
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with website management and WordPress
• Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) and Canva
• Effective organization and prioritization, with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
• Strong knowledge of and passion for the sport of cycling considered an asset
• Able to work non-traditional hours and travel for work
Status: Full Time, Permanent Position
Reports To: Communications Manager (CM)
Works with: Chief Development Officer (CDO), Chief Sport Officer (CSO), Director of Marketing & Events, HP Program Directors, Managers & Coordinators, Domestic Directors, Managers & Coordinators, National Team Coaches & IST staff, Finance & Admin Staff
Location: This position will be based at either of Cycling Canada's permanent office locations in Ottawa or the Greater Toronto Area, although remote applicants may be considered based on experience & qualifications.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line prior to January 29, 2023 at 5pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|