Posted by Editor on 08/23/23
Reporting to the Event Operations & Officials Manager and, Business Manager, the Sport Program Administrator is responsible for the delivery and support of cycling sports identified in the Ontario Cycling events strategy. The responsibilities will include direct event planning support for upcoming season for Road, MTB, CX and Track.
The position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre Velodrome in Milton, Ontario. Members are competitive and recreational cyclists between the ages of 5 and 80.
Ontario Cycling (OC) is the recognized authority by Cycling Canada on all aspects of cycling in Ontario including Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road, Track, and BMX. All staff are employed by OC to facilitate achievement of its long-term vision and planned annual targets. All personnel are required to operate within the policies and procedures as established by the Association's volunteer Board of Directors and are expected to act consistently with the Association's values.
OC receives financial contributions from the provincial government and other agencies, organizations, and corporate sponsors, and is accountable for the disbursement and reporting of funds according to the contracted terms and conditions. Programs, activities, and services are operated within the limitations established in an annual operating budget approved by the Board of Directors. OC staff are responsible for the management and administration of the association's finances and providing of administrative support to all association activity.
• Assist in organizing OC events for MTB, Road, CX, Track and day-of support when applicable
• Communicate with event organizers ensuring compliance, leading the collection, and vetting of registration data, addressing concerns throughout the planning and execution of sanctioned events
• Assist in tracking, processing, and fulfilling information inquiries received from OC members, organizers, and others
• Assist in the analyzing and compiling of social media reports
• Day-of event social media coverage when applicable
• Assist in the compiling of participant survey data
• Assist in compiling data for End of Season Report
• Assist with various administrative tasks including answering phones, filing, processing resource orders, etc. and other duties as required
• Post-secondary education in sport/recreation management, event hosting, recreation, or another applicable related field
• Ability to operate under a flexible schedule, willingness to work some weekends in exchange for time off during the regular work week
• Access to a vehicle and valid driver's license
• Knowledge/experience of Provincial Sport Organizations considered an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Strong communication skills (written/oral)
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple departments
• Self-motivated and accountable for results; takes initiative and ownership of tasks
• Superior organizational skills in planning and completing projects within set deadlines; high attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated member focus. Ability to anticipate member's needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure expectations are met and exceeded
Position Type: Internship Position
Location: Mattamy National Cycling Centre, Milton, Ontario
Apply Online or by E-mail.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|