Posted by Editor on 02/14/22
The Director of Community Growth & Engagement will work under the leadership of the Chief Development Officer, overseeing the community objectives of the organization as it relates to Grassroots, Cycling for All, growth and engagement in alignment with our long-term strategic plan. The Director of Community Growth & Engagement will provide leadership in building, implementing and monitoring the development of our Community and help build a culture of collaboration with our partners.
This position is based at the national office in Ottawa or in one of Cycling Canada's regional hubs.
The Director of Community Growth & Engagement will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada's Community Programs with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Oversee the strategic planning and execution of Cycling Canada's grassroots programming including but not limited to HopOn & CAN-BIKE
2. Oversee the strategic integration of Community initiatives in alignment with our strategic plan including the rollout of our community mobile App.
3. Collaboration with the Events Department and our provincial partners to develop our Cycling for All strategy
4. In collaboration with the Marketing & Events Director, develop and implement Cycling Canada Event Activation team to increase membership, engagement and diversity.
5. In collaboration with Cycling Canada's Head Coach, oversees all elements of CC's National Coaching Certification Program to create and implement effective coach development pathways in alignment with the overall education strategy
6. Lead, mentor and supervise Cycling Canada's community staff
7. Support our provincial partners, drive alignment and collaboration as it relates to the development and implementation of our community initiatives
8. In collaboration with our provincial partners, oversee the implementation of the Cycling Hubs
9. Facilitate communication, alignment and collaboration between Cycling Hubs across the country
10. In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, oversee strategic infrastructure and advocacy initiatives
11. Assist the Chief Development Officer with the implementation of the strategic plan including driving alignment and collaboration between Cycling Canada and our provincial partners
• A minimum of 10 years' experience working in Sport
• University or college degree in Sport Management, Event Management, Recreation Management, or equivalent experience
• Proven Leader and excellent communicator
• Strong Administration skills
• Ability to work closely, cooperatively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to work in both official languages is an asset
The nature of this position is that it may require frequent travel. Additionally, this role may require you to be available to work both weekends and evenings on a regular basis.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by February 25th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Works with: Director of Operations and Inclusion, Director of Marketing & Events, Director of High Performance
Supervises: Community & Grassroots Manager, Cycling for All Manager, Hub Leads
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|