Posted by Editor on 02/24/22
National Team Coaches work under the leadership of the Head Coach, building a sustainable performance program that delivers champions to the world stage and lifelong ambassadors to the Canadian cycling community. National Team Coaches work collaboratively to cultivate an aligned and holistic multi-discipline approach to Cycling Canada's development and performance programming and will help build a culture of collaboration and excellence within Cycling Canada's National Team. In addition to providing technical and tactical expertise in their focus discipline in both training and competition settings, National Teach Coaches provide leadership, mentoring and supervision to Provincial and affiliate Coaches with the goals of building a robust development and performance program, increasing racing and skill development opportunities for athletes across all disciplines and increasing coaching knowledge, expertise and capacity across Canada.
The National Team Coach - Gravity Lead will report directly to the Head Coach and collaborates with other National Team Coaches, Project Managers, Advancement Camp Coach and PSRI staff.
The National Team Coach- Gravity Lead will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada's National Team and its development and performance programming with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Project Management and athlete coaching within the daily training environment, remote learning, training camp and competition settings
2. Ensure Development and Advancement pool athletes participate in Cycling Canada athlete education program
3. Collaborating with other National Team coaches and Head Coach to define and plan training camp and race opportunities
4. Ensure all initiatives are aligned with Cycling Canada policy, performance plans and the strategic goals of the organization
5. Collaborate with and mentor PSO and Affiliate Coaches
6. Ensure cross-discipline sharing of knowledge, expertise, resources, training, and competition opportunities
7. Supporting and contributing to Advancement Camp initiatives as requested.
Additional Focus-discipline Lead responsibilities:
1. Responsible for focus-discipline planning and implementation. Respond to focus-discipline specific requests as needed.
2. Collaborate with Head Coach to develop a focus-discipline qualification strategy for major Games and World Championships
3. Contribute to development of selection policy for focus-discipline events in collaboration with Head Coach and HPD.
4. Ensure focus-discipline selection policy and procedure is implemented correctly and on schedule.
5. Assist in building the budget to ensure focus-discipline qualification and performance strategy can be implemented effectively.
6. Ensure all focus-discipline projects and initiatives are completed on budget as approved by the DHPO.
7. Participate in Cycling Canada and/or SDRCC appeals process as requested
• Lead National Team project for Junior Downhill athletes to Lenzerheide and Andorra World Cups
• Oversee World Championships for all downhill athletes including leading a National Team project for Juniors
• Lead project for Junior Downhill athletes to Val di Sole World cup
• A minimum of 10 years' experience working in High Performance Sport
• Competition Development Coaching Certification or equivalent
• Proven ability to Coach athletes to podium level performances
• Coaching and management experience at Major Games and/or World Championships
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• The ability to work in both official languages is an asset
Extensive domestic and International travel will be required of the National Team Coaches in order to support Cycling Canada National Team programming.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by March 4th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|