Posted by Editor on 03/7/22
The Project Coordinator is a member of the High Performance Operations team and will work in collaboration with Project Managers and Coordinators to coordinate logistics for Cycling Canada's National Team programming.
The position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, Ontario.
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Director of High Performance Operations and collaborates with Project Managers, Project Coordinators and National Team Coaches.
The Project Coordinator will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada's National Team and its development and performance programming with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Coordinate logistics for national team projects as assigned, including training camps and international competitions. This includes registration of athletes, researching and booking travel, accommodation, and ground transportation
2. Production of supporting written documents for national team projects including technical guides
3. Communication and correspondence with athletes and staff prior to, during and following national team projects
4. Financial monitoring of national team projects including processing of expenses and invoices
5. Liaise with the UCI, race organizers & Cycling Canada partners
6. Provide on-the-ground support in the daily training environment, and on projects as requested
7. Other duties as required
The nature of this position is that it may require frequent travel, including international travel. Additionally, this role may require you to be available to work both weekends and evenings on a regular basis - this is a bona fide occupational requirement.
• Post-secondary education with a degree in sport administration, business or other relevant field is an asset
• The ability to work in both official languages is an asset
• A driver's license and clean driving record is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in Asana
• Strong organizational skills, with a proven ability to coordinate multiple projects at once while respecting deadlines
• Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
• Financial or accounting expertise an asset
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
• Customer service oriented
• Thrives as a member of a team and is able to work in collaboration with a group of highly driven people including coaches, sport science and support staff, and athletes.
• Specific knowledge of competitive cycling is an asset but is not required
Domestic and International travel may be required of the Project Coordinator in order to support Cycling Canada's National Team programming.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Resume and cover letters must be submitted, electronically by March 18th at 5:00 EST to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|