Posted by Editor on 03/24/22
The Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) has a position for Technical Lead - Performance Programs.
Reporting to the Sport Performance Director, the Technical Lead - Performance Programs is responsible for the technical leadership and coordination of athlete and coach development services with specific attention to high performance programming across Olympic and Paralympic cycling sports [Road, Mountain Bike, Track, Para-cycling, BMX]. The position will work closely with provincial and contract coaches to strategically implement a leading athlete pathway with a goal of fostering international athlete success and transition into Team Canada programming.
This position will be based out of the Ontario Cycling Office at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, ON. The position will require some evening and weekend work and include travel both domestic and international.
• University/College education in sport management, recreation, coaching or related field (preferred)
• Five (5) years of experience working in a sport setting, with specific responsibilities in athlete/coach development
• Strong administrative and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Proficiency in computer applications including experience and strong understanding of Microsoft applications [Word/Excel/PowerPoint]
• Experience working with and integrating the use of sport science services [nutrition, strength conditioning, mental performance] into athlete training and programming
• Understanding of Long Term Athlete Development principles, NCCP programming, and Safe Sport requirements
• Working with the Sport Performance Director, provide leadership, creativity, and strategic input into building out existing high performance plans and expanding service delivery
• Accountable for achieving established targets and objectives within the OCA's Strategic Plan and High Performance Management Plan relating to athlete and coach performance services
• Lead and foster the development of identified provincial coaches (full-time, part-time, contracted)
• Contribute to the development and implementation of policies relevant to program and department operations
• Prioritize and allocate resources, including financial, to maximize return on investment
• Deliver coaching/support services to identified programs, camps, and projects
• Oversee the establishment of performance measures and targets for provincial programs including establishing a system for talent identification and tracking athlete progress/results
• Lead, manage, support, and evaluate provincial coach and IST staff ensuring responsibilities and accountabilities are clearly defined and delivered
• Mentor* provincial and aspiring coaches in their professional development, certification, and experience to assist in progression along the coach pathway
• Conduct gap analysis through individual performance plans on targeted athletes, coach development plans, and formal evaluation of provincial programming
• Responsible for the development and implementation of all performance programming and services, including training camps, competition projects, and sport science delivery
• Provide direct coaching* and/or support to identified camps and projects [domestic and international]
• Working with the Sport Performance Director, assist in the establishment of regional training centres/performance partner programs in strategic geographic locations to build and expand athletes service delivery
• Responsible for establishing detailed documents including program/project guides, selection criteria, and pathway models, in consultation with the Sport Performance Director
• Identify and assist in the implementation of coach education and on-going professional development for all provincial coaches
• Represent Ontario Cycling on domestic and national technical issues as required
• Provide reporting and assist in presentations to key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Canadian Sport Institute Ontario and Cycling Canada.
• Other duties as assigned
*Coaching/Mentoring services may only be applicable if the hired candidate has relevant training/experience to provide these services.
Apply via email at email@example.com.
Application Deadline Date - April 6, 2022
Expected Start Date - May 3, 2022
Salary Range - $60,000 to $70,000
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|