Posted by Editor on 04/27/22
Cycling BC is seeking enthusiastic Event/Marketing Representatives to join our team and support a variety of events and races in the cycling community. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of the sport of Cycling - enthusiasts are encouraged to apply.
The Event/Marketing Rep will work under the direction of the Operations Manager and will act as the Cycling BC representative at targeted events. The successful candidate will receive training and ongoing mentorship from Cycling BC staff. Some time will also be spent working in the Cycling BC office, pre and post-event, ensuring that race organizers have what they need and that race results are checked and posted in a timely manner.
Duties of the position include:
• setting up and taking down displays/activations at events;
• assisting with event registration;
• answering customer inquiries;
• generating reports;
• tracking metrics;
• operating race timing equipment;
• developing content for communications/social media;
• performing other administrative tasks as required.
As a representative for Cycling BC, the Event/Marketing Rep will be expected to have strong communication and customer service skills while representing Cycling BC in a professional manner at all times.
Travel and weekend work outdoors is a requirement for this role and the successful candidate must be over 21 and have a full driver's license with a clean driving record. The physical ability to lift equipment is also required. Pre-approved out-of-pocket expenses and gas costs will be reimbursed. The rate of pay is $20/hour at approximately 16 hours per week.
We are hoping to fill this position as soon as possible - the work term will be from May 23rd until September 3rd or 11th, 2022.
This job is funded under the Canada Summer Jobs program under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market.
To be eligible, youth must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2022.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|