Posted by Editor on 05/19/22
Reporting to the Ontario Cycling Business Manager and Marketing and Communication Specialist, the Marketing and Communication Summer Support Coordinator is responsible for the delivery and support of cycling sports identified in the Ontario Cycling Marketing Strategy. The responsibilities will include working directly with the OC Marketing and Communication Specialist creating online campaigns for upcoming cycling events in Ontario, day of media coverage of OC sanctioned events and analyzing/reporting social media analytics.
The position is based at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre Velodrome in Milton, Ontario. Ontario Cycling Members are competitive and recreational cyclists between the ages of 5 and 80.
Ontario Cycling (OC) is the recognized authority by Cycling Canada on all aspects of cycling in Ontario including Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road, Track, and BMX. All staff are employed by the OC to facilitate achievement of its long-term vision and planned annual targets. All personnel are required to operate within the policies and procedures as established by the associations volunteer Board of Directors and are expected to act consistently with the association's values.
The OC receives financial contributions from the provincial government and other agencies, organizations, and corporate sponsors, and is accountable for the disbursement and reporting of funds according to the contracted terms and conditions. Programs, activities, and services are operated within the limitations established in an annual operating budget approved by the Board of Directors. OC staff are responsible for the management and administration of the association's finances and providing of administrative support to all association activity.
• Creation and scheduling of social media content for 2022 Events in conjunction with Events Team
• Resourcing additional content that would be valuable and informative to OC Members
• Day of media coverage of cycling events across Ontario including Saturday and Sunday
• Website updates as required
• Newsletter creation and execution to OC members
• Analytics from multiple platforms and provide input on how to expand our reach
• Assist with various administrative tasks including answering phones, filing, processing resource orders,
• Other duties as required
• Post-secondary education in sport/recreation management, event hosting, recreation, or another applicable related field
• Ability to operate under a flexible schedule, willingness to work some weekends in exchange for time off during the regular work week
• Access to a vehicle and valid driver's license
• Knowledge/experience of Provincial Sport Organizations considered an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, variety of social media platforms, WordPress, Canva
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple departments
• Self-motivated and accountable for results; takes initiative and ownership of tasks
• Superior organizational skills in planning and completing projects within set deadlines; high attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated member focus. Ability to anticipate member's needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure expectations are met and exceeded
Position Type: Full Time Contract (35 hours / week)
Timeframe: 6 week position
Location: Mattamy National Cycling Centre, Milton, Ontario
Expected Start Date: June 7, 2022
Apply by email at Careers@ontariocycling.org
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|