Posted by Editor on 06/16/22
The Events & Officials Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Events & Officials Manager supporting the coordination, the administration and the logistics of national calendar events and the officials (commissaire) portfolio. This position is based at the national office in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Events & Officials Coordinator reports directly to the Events & Officials Manager to support national calendar events and areas related to commissairing. The Events & Officials Coordinator also collaborates with the Cycling for All Manager supporting the execution of Cycling Canada's community events.
The Events & Officials Coordinator will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada's Domestic Department with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Assist with planning, organizing, and administering national calendar events
2. Support and lead on-site event delivery and activations at national calendar events
3. Serve as Cycling Canada's direct liaison for national and international event applications
4. Assist with planning, organizing, and administering commissaire development & national assignments
5. Assist with the preparation, logistics and draft minutes for various operational committees
6. Support and lead the logistics surrounding the Domestic Department's event collaterals and equipment
7. Assist with the development and maintenance of various Cycling Canada's commissaire policies and rulebook
8. Maintain and update content on Cycling Canada's website as it relates to national calendar events or commissairing
• University or college degree in Sport Administration/Management, Event Management, or equivalent experience
• Proven experience in Sport Administration with minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
• G class driver's license, or equivalent
• Bilingual in both English and French languages a strong asset
• Experience working in Cycling an asset
On an occasional basis, the Events & Officials Coordinator will be required to travel to meetings, events or program activities within Canada. The association has a compensatory time off policy to cover such travel necessity.
On an annual basis the Events & Officials Coordinator will be expected to accomplish specific end results, the satisfactory fulfillment of job responsibilities and attainment of required level of ability in key competency areas. These three (3) components will form the basis of an annual performance review conducted by the Events & Officials Manager, supported by the Director of Marketing & Events.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by 23:59pm ET on July 4th to email@example.com.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|