Posted by Editor on 07/13/22
The Communications Manager will lead the development and execution of plans and activities in the areas of marketing and communications that drive the Cycling Canada brand and elevate the profile of Canada's athletes, programs and events across the country. This will be essential to supporting the organization's strategic direction particularly as it pertains to driving growth in resources, profile and organizational excellence.
This position is based at the national office in Ottawa, Ontario, although remote applicants may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
The Communications Manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Events. The Communications Manager is a key collaborator and communicator within the organization and must work and liaise with virtually all program staff across the organization as well as key external stakeholders.
The Communications Manager will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada's Marketing & Communications Department with responsibilities in several key areas:
Media & PR
• Lead the development and execution of overall strategy and calendar
• Create, manage and maintain CC media lists and key media relationships
• Select, refine and improve CC's platforms & use of analytics to improve the efficiency of CC communications
• Write/edit, translate and distribute press releases & media advisories
• Lead media requests
• Act as media attaché at select events
• Oversee content strategy for CC website
• Oversee the development of the CC content calendar
• Lead the development and execution of CC's digital strategies & programs
• Select, refine and improve CC's use of analytics & tools to constantly improve digital, media & PR performance
• Develop and implement strategy and framework to ensure that all digital media content reflects Cycling Canada's 4 areas of strategic focus (community, grassroots, events, gracious champions)
• Photos & videos:
- Build content plan
- Negotiate contracts with photographers and videographers
• Work alongside key stakeholders on the oversight and planning of CC marketing and promotional events, including but not limited to:
- Fundraising events
- Hall of Fame & Gala events
- Hospitality and hosting initiatives
- Press conferences
• Oversee communications plans and programs related to major CC owned and operated events, including:
- Promotion + branding
- Website and social media
- PR & media
• Assist DME with development of Marketing Guidelines for Canadian Championship organizers
Branding & Merchandise
• Lead brand development and creative work for CC programs and events
• Lead implementation of merchandise strategy
• Act as primary contact for all stakeholder inquiries related to the use of Cycling Canada or any other owned-property branding (HopOn, Canadian Championships, etc.)
• Contribute to business development and partnership development work
• Develop, with DME, a communications analytics strategy focused on partnership performance on digital channels (website, social media, communications)
• Lead the communications team on strategy for partner integration into digital communications
• Act as primary point of contact for CC partners as it pertains to content, communications and digital activations
• Oversee implementation of CC communications budget
• Lead the development and execution of overall strategy and calendar for Club 1882, HopOn & other internal properties/programs
• Create internal communications policies and plans for CC
• Oversee marketing & communications coordinators and contrs
• Develop and implement communications strategy and education for the support of Provincial/Territorial association partners
• University or college degree in Communications, Business/Commerce, or equivalent experience
• Proven experience in Communications with minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
• G class driver's license, or equivalent
• Bilingual in both English and French languages
• Experience working in Cycling an asset
On an occasional basis, the Communications Manager will be required to travel to meetings, events or program activities within Canada. The association has a compensatory time off policy to cover such travel necessity.
On an annual basis the Communications Manager will be expected to accomplish specific end results, the satisfactory fulfillment of job responsibilities and attainment of required level of ability in key competency areas. These three (3) components will form the basis of an annual performance review conducted by the Director of Marketing & Events, supported by the Chief Executive Officer.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by 23:59pm ET on August 1st to email@example.com.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|