Posted by Editoress on 09/15/22
Shimano is a global company offering the world's sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, G. Loomis, Power Pro, Lazer, and PRO. Our Canadian headquarters is located in Peterborough, Ontario. We are seeking a Softgoods Sales Manager to join our Bicycle Division team.
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities across various departments, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services, customer service, finance and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than Shimano Canada. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
As Canadian SOFTGOODS Sales Manager, you will be responsible for growing sales of SHIMANO SOFTGOODS and LAZER helmets in Canada. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Softgoods Sales Manager will develop and execute sales forecasts to achieve our financial targets. You will develop successful sales programs and pricing strategies through the collection and analysis of relevant industrial, market, and competitive data. The successful candidate will work within the sales team, as well as with cross functional teams from Marketing and Finance to ensure effective and timely execution and reporting on progress towards our financial targets. As the SOFTGOODS Sales Manager, you will work closely with Shimano's global team to follow corporate product and sales directions.
• Creation of sales programs and initiatives for the Canadian market
• Provide market research for Canadian softgoods landscape
• Creation and maintenance of pricing to drive sales across various channels
• Grow market share for all brands in Canada
• Achieve sales and margin targets
• Weekly and Monthly reporting of sales and margin plans and results
• Regular domestic and international travel
Essential Job Qualifications
• Five years experience in Sales/Marketing within the sporting goods industry
• Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience
• Strong understanding of the current sales channels in the Canadian bicycle industry
• Knowledge of the bicycle market is essential
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Strong analytical capabilities with a focus on business development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced level Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience working with wholesalers, sport specialty retailers and independent dealers
• Valid Passport required for international travel, including to the US and Japan
The Ideal Candidate will also possess:
• Passion for cycling
• High level of industry expertise and in-depth industry knowledge an asset
• Bilingual French and English is an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the qualifications we require, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your current Cover Letter and Resume in PDF or Word format to email@example.com.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano Canada Ltd. reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, colour, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Shimano Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|