Posted by Editor on 02/25/23
Velofix is currently hiring in Etobicoke - Woodbridge.
Are you friendly, thoughtful, and have an interest in cycling? Do you have a nuanced opinion on whether to call it a hex key or an Allen key? Hate desks?
If you answered yes, you might be exactly who we're looking for.
At Velofix, the Rider Support Technician is so much more than a bike mechanic. We see this role as the face of our brand, someone who is constantly encouraging people to ride more, and the person making sure our company is presented at its best every day.
The daily task list of a Rider Support Technician can be very broad. You would be responsible for managing the Mobile Bike Shop, visiting riders at their home or work, servicing their bike, doing bike fits, making deliveries, attending and supporting events, and doing your best to answer every question our riders might have.
If this sounds like your jam, we can't wait to meet you.
What we're bringing to you
• Top 10% Hourly Pay. We monitor industry standards in every market to make sure we're paying in the top 10%.
• Keep all your gratuities. We've built a simple way for riders to offer gratuities and when they do, it's all yours.
• Insurance options (health, dental, & vision)
• Monthly fitness allowance. We're in full support of you doing more cycling-specific events: races, rides, triathlons, whatever tickles your fancy.
• Product discounts
• A robust training plan
• Flexible hours
• All tools are provided by Velofix
• Free uniforms
• Internal support team that is super fast, friendly, and ready to help you solve any issue
What you're bringing to us
• A desire to talk with people about cycling
• Strong work ethic. We're not looking for 90 hours a week, just a commitment to be fully engaged when you are at work
• Positive attitude
• Self-motivated. We're trusting you to do you. But at the same time, do the right thing.
• Effective at communicating ideas.
• Experience doing this sort of thing. You've done it before. You want to do it again. And you want to do it for us.
Some things that could give you a leg up
• You're a cyclist (mountain, road, casual, commuter, uni... we love it all)
• Experience working in a bike shop and a technician, salesperson, or manager
• Proficiency with the most common industry components like Shimano, SRAM, Fox, Rockshox, etc.
• Experience with bike assembly, wheel building/truing, or E-bike maintenance.
• Speaking multiple languages
Some requirements we have
• You have a clean driving record
• You're open to a background check
Positively and joyfully engage all customers as their cycling coach, mentor, and problem solver - this applies to all forms of communication; in person, email, over the phone, text, etc
Conduct general bicycle maintenance, prepping bikes for rental, delivery and assembly, personalized repair and/or parts and accessory installation as per customer specifications
Provide technical support for, but not limited to, cycling events, corporate accounts, and Velofix corporate events
Execute and report on all use of "non-scheduled time" used to market Velofix, our services, partners, and capabilities
Maintain accurate records of hours worked. Requesting approvals prior to any overtime hours.
Maintain accurate record of all expenses
Maintain Mobile Bike Shop shrinkage at 1.5% or lower
Miscellaneous tasks to support our tour business: gear inventory receiving and shipping, inventory counts, storage organization, Mobile Bike Shop prep and cleanliness, etc
Occasionally act as a delivery driver
Comply with all corporate employment policies. This includes, but is not limited to, employee harassment policies, vacation policies, dress code, social media policies, driving standards, and spending.
Minimum age: 21
Must have physical ability to lift 50 lbs
Current driver's license and good driving record
Please Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-452-8382.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|